2010 Denali power tilt not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Saint James

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, I have 2010 Denali, power tilt does not work. Pushing switch on column up or down does nothing. Everything else works, except for the AC cooling in passenger front seat (which I understand to be a second issue to address separately). Memory works, both heated seats, power seats, etc., so I dont thinknits the module. Can I bypass the switch to move the wheel? I just want to move it down about an inch or so and never move it again. Can I open up the column cover and possibly move some gear with a flathead screwdriver or use some other mechanical override?
There is very little info or discussion on the web about this. I did learn that the motor is hard to find and costs around $100, if you can locate one. But I haven't seen any youtube vids on how to replace the motor if needed, how to troubleshooot or repair, etc...
Any information from your fine establishment would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have 2010 Denali, power tilt does not work.
try messing with the wires behind the drivers seat module sometimes it gets it to kick on for a second which is enough you probably just have a loose power wire going to the motor yeah the modules are known to burn out but easy stuff first ya know. if you can get the motor out I think a drill can turn the pinion however it’s a complicated system

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have 2010 Denali, power tilt does not work. Pushing switch on column up or down does nothing. Everything else works, except for the AC cooling in passenger front seat (which I understand to be a second issue to address separately). Memory works, both heated seats, power seats, etc., so I dont thinknits the module. Can I bypass the switch to move the wheel? I just want to move it down about an inch or so and never move it again. Can I open up the column cover and possibly move some gear with a flathead screwdriver or use some other mechanical override?
There is very little info or discussion on the web about this. I did learn that the motor is hard to find and costs around $100, if you can locate one. But I haven't seen any youtube vids on how to replace the motor if needed, how to troubleshooot or repair, etc...
Any information from your fine establishment would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Ya I would verify it has power, for as little as these are used it should never go bad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645