2009 Tahoe LTZ 6.2 - still looking - need more info from owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

007fl

Reaction score
Do more research on the premium fuel thing. I have a '09 Denali 6.2 and it's regular fuel for me. 18-18.5 on short highway trips. 19+ on longer ones. I bought the Denali to get the 6.2 and will never regret it. Wow does this thing drive easy, even for an XL version.

OP
OP
M

mad max

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks like I came to the right place for information! Can't get a 6.2 within 200 miles. Not sure I want to travel 500 miles round trip to take a look at one, even if one is/was still available. And then they are going to want close to sticker. At this point they should want more as rare as they are. My 04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Lorado is not bringing me more that $8500. But I did find one 5.3 '09 Tahoe loaded that I got down to 40K with trade-in. White and Casmere. Would have bought it if it was Black and Ebony, or White and Ebony. (the Gold mist looks great too). FWIW - there is a 2008 Cadi EXT with 11K miles and a laminated window sticker(!), 22" wheels for 49K, before trade-in, which I think I really should look at(not certified warrantee-costs extra, but remainder of factory warrantee-3yrs? could be up any day). But who wants to take a chance of not screwing it up by putting crap in the back of a pick up like that? And I don't really need a pick-up truck, wouldn't mind it as an electrical contractor, but they are about a foot or two longer which makes parking more of a *****. I'll probably start looking for an 09 Black/Ebony with "old money" extra 2K discount on it. They are getting hard to find also. I keep hoping for an 08/09 something with low (5-10K) miles for 20K less than MSRP...Oh, and a 6.2 in Black/Ebony would be nice also!

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

Bingo! I'm a half a Heartbeat of America away from a Summit White/Ebony 6.2 for 39K including my trade in. Friggin dealer put 6300 miles on the demo though (kinda makes me think maybe I should beat him up a little more on the price). But "THERE ARE NO OTHERS LEFT". We'll see...Stay tuned!
MAD MAX

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

Deposit made. Will go see it Monday or Tuesday

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like I came to the right place for information! Can't get a 6.2 within 200 miles. Not sure I want to travel 500 miles round trip to take a look at one, even if one is/was still available. And then they are going to want close to sticker. At this point they should want more as rare as they are. My 04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Lorado is not bringing me more that $8500. But I did find one 5.3 '09 Tahoe loaded that I got down to 40K with trade-in. White and Casmere. Would have bought it if it was Black and Ebony, or White and Ebony. (the Gold mist looks great too). FWIW - there is a 2008 Cadi EXT with 11K miles and a laminated window sticker(!), 22" wheels for 49K, before trade-in, which I think I really should look at(not certified warrantee-costs extra, but remainder of factory warrantee-3yrs? could be up any day). But who wants to take a chance of not screwing it up by putting crap in the back of a pick up like that? And I don't really need a pick-up truck, wouldn't mind it as an electrical contractor, but they are about a foot or two longer which makes parking more of a *****. I'll probably start looking for an 09 Black/Ebony with "old money" extra 2K discount on it. They are getting hard to find also. I keep hoping for an 08/09 something with low (5-10K) miles for 20K less than MSRP...Oh, and a 6.2 in Black/Ebony would be nice also!

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

Bingo! I'm a half a Heartbeat of America away from a Summit White/Ebony 6.2 for 39K including my trade in. Friggin dealer put 6300 miles on the demo though (kinda makes me think maybe I should beat him up a little more on the price). But "THERE ARE NO OTHERS LEFT". We'll see...Stay tuned!
MAD MAX

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

Deposit made. Will go see it Monday or Tuesday

Good luck, I got mine with exactly 6k on it and besides having a little "cleaning" in places those guys in the back missed on the inside it is brand new and thousands less. Comparable o mi LTZ was almost $5,400 more.

07Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Denali with the 6.2 and love it. It has the Volant CAI and resonator delete/exhaust outlet and sounds awesome and moves out for such a large truck. The fuel mileage sucks (14-15mpg average), but if you are looking for fuel economy, buy a smaller SUV. As far as premium fuel goes, mine has not had it in 40k miles and I have had no issues. Everyone that is a lot smarter than I am will tell you that the computer will remap for whatever fuel you put in there. So I may only be getting 397hp and not the full 400hp, I can't tell.

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Denali with the 6.2 and love it. It has the Volant CAI and resonator delete/exhaust outlet and sounds awesome and moves out for such a large truck. The fuel mileage sucks (14-15mpg average), but if you are looking for fuel economy, buy a smaller SUV. As far as premium fuel goes, mine has not had it in 40k miles and I have had no issues. Everyone that is a lot smarter than I am will tell you that the computer will remap for whatever fuel you put in there. So I may only be getting 397hp and not the full 400hp, I can't tell.

better believe it's more like 15-20hp to the wheels less with regular. talk to a shop with a dyno and ask them what they've seen. But having said that even a 6.2 on regular is a potent SUV. run 2 tanks of premium in there and you'll get hooked like "Crack" lol

OP
OP
M

mad max

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bailed for personal reasons. Didn't drive the 600 miles to take a look. It's still up for grabs. I'm sure someone will be happy with it.

Bowtye8

Reaction score
Where does it say to run premium fuel?

I am familiar with the fuel maps in the programming. If the truck is mapped for 87 oct. then the primary fuel map is designed for it. The lower octance fuel maps are for bad gas and/or elevation areas.

If you get your truck prgrammed with a more aggressive timing map then definately prem fuel is the way togo.

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's right in the owners manual and on the gas tank door, use 91 or better. It also says that 87 or higher can be used, but acceleration can be reduced and you might get spark knock. In other words, it needs 91.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011