2009 Tahoe LTZ 6.2 - still looking - need more info from owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phileaglesfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just paid $55k for my 09 Yukon Denali XL AWD, loaded with everything but retractable running boards. That was around 6 weeks ago.

If off roading is your main concern then a 4WD system would be better for you. For on road in all weather duties, AWD works perfect. My wife also likes it better than 4WD since she doesn't have to worry about A4WD, 4WD, 2WD.

As far as resale. I had my 06 Envoy Denali for almost 4 years and I got back exactly 50% of what I paid for it. For 50k miles that is good resale. It all depends on how good/bad your deal was before compared to what they offer now.

As far as gas mileage there really isn't a big difference. They do recommend premium in the 6.2 which costs you about $5 a tank. I averaged 18-19 mpg on a new motor with my XL cruising at/around 70-75 in very hilly terrain and LA traffic. It all depends how much you hit the go pedal.

Bowtye8

Reaction score
I purchased my 09 LTZ 6.2l in june. msrp was 57-58k. I paid GMS and GM had a 2k rebate at the time. so about 47k then plus tags taxes etc. it was just at 51k OTD. My bro in law bought the same truck about 2 month prior to mine. white LTZ ,6.2l with the built in tow controller(they are out there).

When I was looking I did see alot with custom 20/22" wheels. With my initial call I told them I would like the 20' polished wheels. They said they would swap them out no problem and deduct the 2-3k off the price. never did buy one of those trucks. Found the one I wanted a tad closer so jumped on it.

Love it. A tad getting used to the 6 speed after coming out of my 2000 Tahoe. Pwr is great. Pulls my boat much much better.
Here is a few pics
DSC05186%20(Large).jpg

both Tahoe's together.
DSC05195%20(Large).jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mad max

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, I was unaware that the 6.2 requires premium. That could be a deal breaker when I consider the worse mileage also. Now leaning towards the 5.3 again. And I'm still of the feeling that if I EVER might want 4WD, then 4WD is the best way to go. I don't really think the same can realistically be said for the AWD. How unfortunate that the Denali doesn't have a 4WD option. I wonder if anyone has successfully added 4WD to a Denali? And a Z71 package. Mmmmm ;-))

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

I purchased my 09 LTZ 6.2l in june. msrp was 57-58k. I paid GMS and GM had a 2k rebate at the time. so about 47k then plus tags taxes etc. it was just at 51k OTD. My bro in law bought the same truck about 2 month prior to mine. white LTZ ,6.2l with the built in tow controller(they are out there).

When I was looking I did see alot with custom 20/22" wheels. With my initial call I told them I would like the 20' polished wheels. They said they would swap them out no problem and deduct the 2-3k off the price. never did buy one of those trucks. Found the one I wanted a tad closer so jumped on it.

Love it. A tad getting used to the 6 speed after coming out of my 2000 Tahoe. Pwr is great. Pulls my boat much much better.
Here is a few pics
DSC05186%20(Large).jpg

both Tahoe's together.
DSC05195%20(Large).jpg

They're Beautiful! Need some girls in bikini's (or not) on the hood though...

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not only does it require premium fuel, the 6.2 does NOT have the 4/8 cylinder deactivation. It's thirsty. My '09 4X4 is averaging 13.8 MPG, my '07 LTZ 5.3 2WD with the 4 speed averages 16.0 mpg. Only 2500 miles so it might get better, but it's a big difference. I did not consider the Denali because they're ugly and there isn't much difference between it and a loaded up LTZ. Plus as mentioned, the Caddy and Denali are AWD, not 4WD, which also lets you drive the Tahoe in 2WD on the street. Better grab while you can, there will be no 6.2 Tahoe for 2010. If you want the big motor, it'll have to be an Escalade or Denali. I don't think it's realistic to think about swapping to a 2 speed transfer case on anything in warranty.

mikeb33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just searched Autotrader.com for a Tahoe from 2008-2010 with 6.2 as a keyword, ANY distance and got nothing. Must be pretty rare.
Anybody know what the VIN codes are for each different engine?

Last edited:

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of those are used. If you're looking for a new one, any dealer can do a nationwide inventory search. They may not be able to get it from another dealer, but you'll know where to go to buy it. When a got mine about 2 months ago, there were only about a half dozen left in the country that were "loaded" with the sun and destinations package.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts