2008 Yukon Tire Pressure Indicator Wont Turn Off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BPopilek

Reaction score
Hello all! I've got a new problem that I hope someone can help me with.

About 2 months ago I had my tires rotated and balanced at Discount Tire. About 2 weeks ago, I got a tire pressure light on my dashboard. I check the dashboard computer display, and I could see that the tire pressures were about 31 pounds each on the fronts, and the rear driver was 27 pounds and the rear passenger was 37 pounds. So naturally, I checked the inside of my door and found that all four tires should be at 35 pounds each. So I went to each tire and adjusted them all to 35 pounds. The light still would not go off, even after I had driven all over town that day.

My next step was to do the TPMS Reset procedure for all of the tires. That still did not work after re-airing all the tires back up to 35 pounds and driving around for about 25 miles.

I happened to be by Discount Tire that afternoon and stopped in. They used their handheld device and scanned each sensor. All came back reading ok and that they were set to 35 pounds each. They verified the tire pressure and set all four to 34 pounds.

I again have been driving it around for the past week, and the indicator light still will not go off. I keep checking the tire pressure frequently, and all four tires are still at 34 pounds. Does anyone have any idea why this light won't shut off and what I can try doing? Thanks!

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck isnt reading them properly. DO A RELEARN
Press and hold both buttons lock and unlock on the remote while key is in ignition. Tire relearning will come on. Start at the front driver tire and air it up untill the horn honks and light flashes. The light will then shift to the next tire. Keep going around the truck. After you do the rear driver it will honk twice if it went well. Then go to each tire and let out the air untill your at your desired pressure.

Parthery

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You probably have a sensor with a low battery. Have Discount Tire rescan them all and check the batteries. When you find the low one, have them replace it. Last one they did for me was about $60.

They last about 5 years or so....

OP
OP
BPopilek

BPopilek

Reaction score
Well just this morning my right front sensor went out completely, so I think I found the culprit! Thanks for the replies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrAguirrechu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same issue and replaced all 4 sensors. Prior to replacing, it could not read driver rear "--". Bought the replacements and had a the tire shop replace and relearn, left the tire shop with no light and a smile on my face.
48 hours later... Light and service tpms message now showing driver front "--".
Any ideas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belveman