2008 Yukon - No lights/display on climate control, stuck on AC, buttons unresponsive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gildan

Reaction score
I've got a strange problem here. 2008 Yukon Denali.

I've got no button lights or display for the climate control. Buttons unresponsive, stuck on AC presumably at what it was last set at. The light on the parking assist button is stuck on. Now here's where it gets bizarre:

The interior lights are stuck on, will not shut off even after an hour. If I shut the vehicle down for about 15 minutes, everything seems to work fine, for a few days, and the same thing happens all over again. Is it possible that the display is overheating (the radio display gets hot under normal use but doesn't rail). All the fuses are fine, no issues with wires or connectors can be found nor any issues come up with scanning the systems for error messages.

Dealership is confounded. They have no clue what is causing it or how to fix it.

Anyone have any ideas what is going on here?

Last edited:

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got a strange problem here. 2008 Yukon Denali.

I've got no button lights or display for the climate control. Buttons unresponsive, stuck on AC presumably at what it was last set at. The light on the parking assist button is stuck on. Now here's where it gets bizarre:

The interior lights are stuck on, will not shut off even after an hour. If I shut the vehicle down for about 15 minutes, everything seems to work fine, for a few days, and the same thing happens all over again. Is it possible that the display is overheating (the radio display gets hot under normal use but doesn't rail). All the fuses are fine, no issues with wires or connectors can be found nor any issues come up with scanning the systems for error messages.

Dealership is confounded. They have no clue what is causing it or how to fix it.

Anyone have any ideas what is going on here?
My guess is a fault in the BCM - Body Control Module. Did the dealer do the scan for codes or did you? Main thing is whatever scan tool is used, it needs to be able to read the BCM, which most universal scan tools cannot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaka1