2008 xl heater

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

johns2008

Reaction score
By using the push button switch the heater fan will turn on ,, at times it won't. I found the fuse to the heater switch(motor) and replaced it as the blower was working. My next move is to locate the plugins to the wiring and check for burn features. I don't know where they are. Am i correct in this analysis.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By using the push button switch the heater fan will turn on ,, at times it won't. I found the fuse to the heater switch(motor) and replaced it as the blower was working. My next move is to locate the plugins to the wiring and check for burn features. I don't know where they are. Am i correct in this analysis.
I would pull the fan/motor out and look at the harness and inside the female portion on the heater fan motor, mine was burnt inside so I replaced the motor and the connector.
it's on the passenger side under the glove box, you have to remove the cover that goes from the center hump over to the passenger door under the dash, takes a 7mm socket you will want a deep socket for the bolt on the far left hand side it's real pita to get to, once that left bolt is loose you can pull the cover out at an angle so you can access the blower motor. If you discover it is bad or going bad I would recommend a oem replacement, no china junk
**the motor is removed by twisting it (clockwise i think)and it has a plastic lock tab and may have 1 screw also, use a flashlight it's dark under there

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would pull the fan/motor out and look at the harness and inside the female portion on the heater fan motor, mine was burnt inside so I replaced the motor and the connector.
it's on the passenger side under the glove box, you have to remove the cover that goes from the center hump over to the passenger door under the dash, takes a 7mm socket you will want a deep socket for the bolt on the far left hand side it's real pita to get to, once that left bolt is loose you can pull the cover out at an angle so you can access the blower motor. If you discover it is bad or going bad I would recommend a oem replacement, no china junk
**the motor is removed by twisting it (clockwise i think)and it has a plastic lock tab and may have 1 screw also, use a flashlight it's dark under there
+1. I would replace the fan motor. I had a similar problem on my 2007 and a new motor cured the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons