2008 Tahoe vents blowing bubbles while in carwash!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danreg99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all!

I just bought a 2008 Tahoe LTZ and took it through its first carwash. At the end of the carwash I had bubbles coming out of all the vents!
I had just the fan running. There is not much out there for this problem. I did pour water over windshield when i got home and it drained
on both sides. Does anyone have any ideas?

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
I always turn off the engine and HVAC in a car wash. There’s too many options for aerosol high pressure soaps to go where they’re not wanted, like the engine airbox and the cabin air intake.

If you don’t want to do that, you can use recirculate on the HVAC which closes off the air intake.

OP
OP
D

danreg99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bill, thanks for the reply. I will try that next time. Do you think I will have trouble when it's raining?

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
No, the evaporator box in your dash has a drain in the bottom to let out any water that enters, and, more importantly, the condensation from the a/c. That’s why car air conditioning always drips water under the passenger firewall.

If your vehicle has rear air it will drip behind the RR wheel too.

OP
OP
D

danreg99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Bill, you put my mind at ease. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomcoop

Latest posts