2007 Yukon Seat issue HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dasanii19

Reaction score
2007 GMC YUKON 3/4 ton

Driver side electric seat is not sliding forward or back. I can hear the motor working, but nothing is happening. I checked the rails and no obstructions found in the rails. I’ve searched YouTube and forums but cannot find a fix. Is there a forward/back gear that can be replaced? I’ve seen aftermarket gears for up/down but that won’t fix my problem. Can anyone comment on what may be broken? Do I need to take the whole seat out to fix? Or can I repair with the seat in its place?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't tell you for sure what the cause of your issue is, as this has not happened to me before, and I have not looked under the seat at the mechanicals.

When the motor is turning, do you hear any other mechanical sounds, like metal grinding on metal, or metal sliding on metal?

If you hear the motor turning away, with no other sounds, like metal moving against metal, and your seat is not moving, then my initial guess is that a gear has become separated from a shaft. Perhaps, there is a spring pin holding the gear in place on the shaft, and that has broke. This is simply a guess on my part.

Hopefully, other folks on the Forum, who have removed these seats, and know more about the mechanicals underneath the seat, will chime in with their suggestions and perspectives.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If you look under the seat and see NOTHING obstructing it, then the next step is the seat removal, IMO, and get a good look at it all. Gear bad or pin came out or the "muffler bearing is shot?" Who knows till you remove and get a look see. Or another member here will chime in with a better option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHNorthWoods