2007 yukon reverse stereo wiring harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alljuiced1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im a bit of a noob so be gentle with me... did a major mistake when installing my aftermarket stereo. i didnt know anything about the wiring harnesses they sell that keep steering wheel controls, door chimes, blinker sounds, or onstar. The bonehead thing i did was cut the wiring harness coming from my yukon and directly connected it to the harness for the Alpine i bought... it all works good but now there are no door chimes, steering controls, or OnStar. I bought new plugs from Metra and it has wires that i dont know where to connect to. After connecting all speaker wires and ground and power and etc. , i have 5 wires coming from my yukon that i dont know what they are for. i think yellow white green and two blue ones wrapped around each other with a silver bare wire also attached to them.. i want to go back to stock so i can buy the correct interface harness that i need but cant find where to get it or which to get... any suggestions?... Also is there a diagram or color chart showing what these excess wires are... i know which are speaker wires and power n ground.

2007 gmc yukon
no amp
no rear entertainment
no backup cameras
no bosd system

Thanks in advance.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you tossed your OE connector then hit the junkyard or UPull and cut one off of a similar truck. Then you can match the wire colors to yours and reinstall the connector that way.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

If you are reasonably close to a junkyard or U-Pull lot, I suggest that you do as @Fless suggested.

If not, some of the folks here have access to wiring diagrams, and they will chime in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos