2007 Yukon 2500 Wet Floor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpa4224

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all, I’m newbie to this site but have had multiple duramax trucks. I have a 2007 3/4 ton Yukon that’s the family truckster. It has a consistently wet front passsenger floorboard. It does not smell like antifreeze. The coolant level has remained the same. I carefully snaked the A/C drain line and feel positive air pressure from the tube when system is on. We’ve had a lot of rain lately, with some snow and freezing rain. Any one have any thoughts?? TIA

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics, please.

Folks here have reported leaks from the front cowl at the bottom of the windshield, finding their way into the passenger compartment and onto the floor.

Aeterna

Reaction score
Ive got a 2007 Tahoe that had wicked water leaks at one point in time. Below is a list of all the places to check, for what its worth I tried the drip method by running a water hose all over the car and trying to look for wet spots inside, this was never super helpful. I just threw money at it. I think my list is just about all of them to check.

-windshield seal degrades and leaks into floorboard (i had this)
-wire loom boots at top of back hatch leak and the water runs actoss the headliner and can go just about anywhere. (Pull and clean boots and clear rtv silicone them)
-weather stripping around front door seals can get large or very small tears where you step in and out. Water will backup and leak into floorboard.
-antenna above driver side can leak (clear rtv it)
-roof rack mounting bolts can leak(rtv them)
- emergency brake boot under driver carpet
-driver side doo wiring boot by left foot kick panel
-cowling drains on driver and passenger side under the windshield can get clogged with leaves and flood into car if I remember.

Aeterna

Reaction score
Oh and another thing the sound proofing under the carpet can remain wet while the carpet above is dry. Once someone sits down and their feet start mashing the carpet can magically get wet. I had to pull up carpet and fan/shop vac dry them a couple times until I found my real leak. Snowy feet can cause this too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz

Latest posts