2007 TPMS question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced my tires and sensors today, and reprogrammed them through the systems tire by tire walk around method. I am getting tire pressure readings for all 4 tires and the yellow dummy warning light is off.
That is the good news.

The bad news is that I am still getting warnings in my message center/window to check the tire pressures in all four tires. One by one it says check tire pressure in front drivers side tire, and so on. So while the yellow warning light is gone, the message center keeps flashing the message to check the tires pressure.

Anyone have a clue as to why?

Two things to note, I have not driven it much since the reprogramming, just around the block. Also I have a high amount of pressure in the tires, about 48-55 psi in each one at this point.
So I am wondering if I need to drive it around some for the warnings in the message center to go away, and/or if it is giving me those warnings because the the psi is set too high for the parameters the system is programed for?

Or is it something all together different?

OP
OP
V

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MYSTERY SOLVED:

For those of you who might have the same problem, once I lowered my tire pressure to 42 psi, the warning messages went away. I guess it is set to notify you on the high end, as well as the low end of psi in the tires. So if you over inflate like I did because you know you will be bleeding off air, once you get all four synced, reduce the psi to whatever you run and the messages will also go away.

I do have another related question;

I have aftermarket 22" Soldier rims. It came standard with 17" rims, so I am not sure what psi I should run. Would be the same for both sizes, in this case 32psi?
I am concerned because the tires that were on this Sub when I bought it were cupped, as if there was not enough pressure in them. I have no way of knowing what he ran psi wise, because he could have just been running them low and that caused the problem.

Any idea what PSI would be correct for my 2007 Sub with 22" and Nitto 305/45/22's ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts