2007 suburban defrost not working.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atanasd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
we just bought our 2007 suburban. I noticed on the HVAC controls I have a two buttons for rear defrost and button for defogger? What is the difference?
Also the defrost button for rear when I press it, it lights on but does not defrost.
When I press the defogger button it flashes 3 times and does not stay on. I did check the wires on the rear glass and they look fine no damages on both. How can I find out why it is not defrosting and defogger not working? Is there a fuse or relay somewhere?
fogger.thank

OP
OP
A

atanasd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes my heat and cold temp controls work. I can also change flow in all positions. The issue is only for rear window defrost. Also I cannot find anything online for this issue. Most post are for broken wires on the glass . My are perfect fine.
As i stated for rear defrost I push button light on button comes on. After 15 min or so it goes off but does not defrost. Also I have a option button for defogger which I'm not sure what it does but it does not turn on. The button flashes .

stocksj

Reaction score
I think I may have a similar issue with my new/old 07 suburban. I'm still figuring out the driver controls. One odd thing with my burb is that the left rear cargo glass has defrost grids installed on the window. Nothing on the left side . Maybe that's for the driver looking over his right when backing up?

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I think I may have a similar issue with my new/old 07 suburban. I'm still figuring out the driver controls. One odd thing with my burb is that the left rear cargo glass has defrost grids installed on the window. Nothing on the left side . Maybe that's for the driver looking over his right when backing up?
Thats an antenna.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu