2007 Suburban...back of front seat is loose?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DirtyBlackHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed the other day that the hard plastic "kick pad" on the back of the front seats is loose. This is a problem because the leather on the seat wraps in behind it and that is what keeps it tight. has anyone every had this problem? Does anyone know what I am talking about?

This is what I am talking about and I can't figure out how to get it tight again.

20130127_152721.gif

Beartoothweb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you have kids? I'm guessing they pulled that part off or on it at some point and the clip is broken. You should be able to pull the whole thing off (you'll have to google for instructions), then replace the broken clip.

OP
OP
DirtyBlackHoe

DirtyBlackHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do have two kids that kick on it and such, but it was this way when we bought the Suburban (according to my wife)

Google has been no luck at all for me.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Nice pic of a crew cab with 2nd row buckets and a console!!

Theres clips at the top that slide inward / upward, and regular clips at the lower. Chances are some banging and/or age has broken them. Pull it out at the bottom and slide it down to remove. Its been a while but I think you have to "collapse" it, as in fold it a little to release the side clips.

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What fiatdale said :waytogo: I had a similar issue after I installed my headrest monitors and it's because I didn't quite get some clips "seated" correctly.

OP
OP
DirtyBlackHoe

DirtyBlackHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice pic of a crew cab with 2nd row buckets and a console!!

Theres clips at the top that slide inward / upward, and regular clips at the lower. Chances are some banging and/or age has broken them. Pull it out at the bottom and slide it down to remove. Its been a while but I think you have to "collapse" it, as in fold it a little to release the side clips.

Thank you so much. i will try to give this a shot when it stops raining!

FamilyGuy

Reaction score
I have the same issue with my Suburban. Glad there's a fix. Means a visit to my local dealer
Thanks for the tip!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shouldn't need a dealer to fix that :nono:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member