2007 Right turn signal turns on Brights - SOLVED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2007 Tahoe LTZ 4x4 5.3 Flex, 279,000 miles
When I turn the right turn signal on, sometimes it likes to flash my bright lights, I just have to touch the lever and the brights will turn off. I know it is the switch wearing out, but is it servicable or just get a whole new switch.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2007 Tahoe LTZ 4x4 5.3 Flex, 279,000 miles
When I turn the right turn signal on, sometimes it likes to flash my bright lights, I just have to touch the lever and the brights will turn off. I know it is the switch wearing out, but is it servicable or just get a whole new switch.
Haven't seen you around in a while, what's new?

OP
OP
O

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a whole lot, the ole Tahoe is running good, really have not had many issues with it. Ended up buying a new vehicle to ultimately replace it but for now I am going to keep my 2007 as a winter vehicle until it completely dies.

OP
OP
O

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPdate: Ended up purchasing a new turn signal 15849314 from GM Parts Direct, ended up paying $34.05 + $12.45 for Shipping total of $45.50. The switch is easy to swap out, you do need a size 25 Torx bit (preferably a driver) a small flat screw driver or a pick. Pretty straight forward.
1) Raise column all the way up, pull out column adjustment leaver.
2) pull off bottom half of plastic on column.
3) using your finger in the adjustment leaver hole (don't get pinched) lower the column all the way down
4) Turn the steering Wheel 90° to the Left (Top of wheel to left side to access bolt)
5) remove bolt facing you and the bolt on top
6) start unplugging wires.
7) THere is one wire that goes into the column that can be tricky, you need a pick or small flat screw driver for this one.
8) ONce everything is removed, use needle nose pliers to plug in the one wire in the column, plug in all the other connectors,
9) Reassemble.

Pretty easy, took me 20 min or so to complete.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for posting the detailed solution to your issue. Much appreciated.

Our collective knowledge base has been increased.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo