2007 Rear window washer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eric Terkelsen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am trying to fix my rear washer. When I push the button, the fluid leaks out under the hood of the truck near the fuse box, drivers side. I found the hose where it is discharging from, but cannot find where the hose should be attached.
Where does this run? Along the bottom of the vehicle on the driver's side or up into the roof somewhere? Truck has been wrecked but I am not sure what all was involved. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Eric

79jasper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pull the hose tight and see where it reaches. It runs into the body near the corner, iirc.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a coupling (looks like a piece of hose with no clamps) that connects two pieces of the rear washer fluid hose, running to the rear wiper, and that coupling should be located on the inside fender wall on the driver's side, down 3-4 inches from the top, where the hood meets the fender.

I had a similar issue, and I found that one side of the washer fluid hose had come out of the coupling, and I simply re-inserted the washer hose into the coupling.

79jasper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, he said at the front. I missed that before.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

BlazinOKFF

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have had the same issue with my 2009 Tahoe…multiple times under the hood in the above described area and once up at the rear of the truck along the top of the rear hatch opening. Is there a more permanent fix for this other than just reconnecting and waiting for the next time it comes apart?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have had the same issue with my 2009 Tahoe…multiple times under the hood in the above described area and once up at the rear of the truck along the top of the rear hatch opening. Is there a more permanent fix for this other than just reconnecting and waiting for the next time it comes apart?
If there is, I don't know about it. I've had multiple breaks in my 2007 as well. The plastic tubing gets so brittle that it disintegrates in my hands. For my front wipers, I ran all new tubing and couplers, and like Joseph, I had to repair the coupler for the rear wiper under the hood as well. I have no idea where these lines run between the front and rear of the truck though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu