2007 Possible PPV?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
It also has side/door molding... definitely NOT a PPV.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ther unmarked police vehicle with one in it.[/QUOTE]
that is incorrect there is known police hybrids out there
used by
Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley
so it was a state owned/operated vehicle , even tricked out with strobe lights
Chevrolet_Tahoe_Hybrid_O'Malley_--_01-12-2010.jpg

every 1 should be pissed they paid extra for the sticker hybrid decals and sun roof...

I wanted to do this mod so i could have a one of a kind as well that would be pretty nice to have the FM ant such poor reception with the glass ant

Also NYPD had stripped down Hybrid Police units no sunroof

basically it was a PPV , with an unlocked speed governor
sure that baby was faster then the normal ppv units as they only had the 5.3l engines
the top speed on the hybrids are 150mph but governored at 95mph

the NYPD units don't have that crap on them as they were a special order. aka PPV with Hybrid powertrain. and body hardware
35738226305_795b5aaca1_k.jpg

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://eugene.craigslist.org/cto/d/eugene-tahoe/7024347726.html

This is here in Eugene, Oregon where I live. Don't know what to look for. Is this a PPV? Anything you see that says, yes it sure is? I have emailed for way more pics. The price is high for 177,000 miles, IMO. When I looked for a newer Tahoe recently and was turned off by some of what I saw and lack of shoulder room in the newer models, I thought this may have more if is possibly a PPV.

What should I look for? AFM vehicle if is PPV?

I don't see any indication that it's a PPV/SSV. Looks like a blacked-out and mildly lifted Tahoe with some accessories. MOST PPVs won't have side molding and I don't think any of them would have OnStar. This one has door molding and an OnStar antenna. Interior-wise, the PPV/SSV is just more stripped-down compared to the LS and higher trim packages. So, the seats are the same size and shape and the shoulder room, etc. is the same.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Well, I will see how motivated he is if he sends more pics. It has been up for sale for quite a while.

Fred34

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know........I have a 2015 Suburban PPV. Look for 3/4 inch round plugs on the roof, where they may have taken out antenna mounts. Also check the dash and headliner, near the rear view mirror, for holes that may have held equipment, like radar units or dash cameras, to the dash. Rubber flooring throughout is a dead giveaway. Holes around the rear door fron pillars may have been where the rear prisoner cages were attached. Rear doors either have panels that prevent the rear windows and doors from being opened from the inside. Rear doors will not open from inside at all, due to connecting rods having been removed. PPV’s also usually didn’t have the factory console mounted on the floor. And selectable options may not be present. Just to name a few. I DO have a PPV.

Last edited:
OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ok, got some more pics and did talk on the phone. Has the LS cloth seats, only drivers seat is power, no sun roof, about 42K miles over the average mileage for that year, no cd player.......you can see where I am going with this. Kelley BB says very high price is $8068 and he is stuck on at least $10k. Not even interested as I went thru the options with him. It has been up for sale for a few months now and I see why. To tell you the truth, I think my 2002 is worth more than his 2007.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Ok, got some more pics and did talk on the phone. Has the LS cloth seats, only drivers seat is power, no sun roof, about 42K miles over the average mileage for that year, no cd player.......you can see where I am going with this. Kelley BB says very high price is $8068 and he is stuck on at least $10k. Not even interested as I went thru the options with him. It has been up for sale for a few months now and I see why. To tell you the truth, I think my 2002 is worth more than his 2007.
I'm sure he'll still have it a yr from today--unless he trades it in on something else.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
He actually did say if he did not sell it he was trading it in on a Range Rover the first week of January.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts