2007 GMC Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can some one give a run down on how reliable the 6.2 L 6 speed was in a stock 2007 GMC Denali was it good high mileage engine and transmission.
Was it as good as the 2006 GMC Yukon 5.3 L .. Did they have tranny issues ? With first 6 speeds ? And what's first year of the 6.2 L.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can some one give a run down on how reliable the 6.2 L 6 speed was in a stock 2007 GMC Denali was it good high mileage engine and transmission.
Was it as good as the 2006 GMC Yukon 5.3 L .. Did they have tranny issues ? With first 6 speeds ? And what's first year of the 6.2 L.
tons of info on this site already, probably no need for "another" thread
here is a good place to start reading should keep you busy for several weeks

t_bergman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2007 was the very first year for the 6.2 and the GMT900; in my opinion I'd always skip the first year and possibly second year of the generations. GM is very good at getting things right during the last few years but the new ones are a bit hit and miss. It could have the 4L60e or the 6L80, we'd need the VIN to verify.

NardDog

Reaction score
This is the second reply post I’ve seen where a supporting member squashes the OP question. The only reason we have posts to go back and reread is because people post questions and other try and answer them. There’s really no such thing as a new question. So should we all just reread old posts? I would guess majority of this forum memebers are here because they had a question about something and was looking for help.
It reminds me of the saying we have all heard, if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all.

Why not let the forum be a forum, why are we trying to squash questions. If no one wants to answer OP question then thats happens but we shouldn’t shut them down because its an easy question.

There im off my soapbox and its not personal doublebeliev.

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2007 was the very first year for the 6.2 and the GMT900; in my opinion I'd always skip the first year and possibly second year of the generations. GM is very good at getting things right during the last few years but the new ones are a bit hit and miss. It could have the 4L60e or the 6L80, we'd need the VIN to verify.
I got picture of the RPOs and going to see whats under the hood . Witch tranny was better 6L80 I bet. 6.2 L were hard to find in our area . Yes I like the last runs also $$$$ This ones in great shape . It's hard to pass up.

t_bergman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got picture of the RPOs and going to see whats under the hood . Witch tranny was better 6L80 I bet. 6.2 L were hard to find in our area . Yes I like the last runs also $$$$ This ones in great shape . It's hard to pass up.

Someone with experience with both transmissions will need to comment, I've been in 2500 land since my 01. The 6.2L in the 07 had the capability but did not have AFM activated in the tune, however the L92 is a high compression engine and requires high octane fuel and oil changes count a little bit more than the 5.3L.

The transmission will be a bit more cared for if the Denali has AWD, can't remember if that year had the option for a two speed transfer case. This is because the transmission is more controlled by the computer than the human.

There is a reason why the 2006's are commanding a price, they're bulletproof.

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MYC 6L80E on the L92 engine . Was it a good engine and tranny ?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the second reply post I’ve seen where a supporting member squashes the OP question. The only reason we have posts to go back and reread is because people post questions and other try and answer them. There’s really no such thing as a new question. So should we all just reread old posts? I would guess majority of this forum memebers are here because they had a question about something and was looking for help.
It reminds me of the saying we have all heard, if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all.

Why not let the forum be a forum, why are we trying to squash questions. If no one wants to answer OP question then thats happens but we shouldn’t shut them down because its an easy question.

There im off my soapbox and its not personal doublebeliev.
I can probably find hundreds of post's giving this info with a simple "search" that's all, it's been baked, rehashed, redone, grilled over and over.
yes the 6.2l was introduced to the suv's in 2007 as well as the 6l80
the 2007 engine has no dod parts, presumably it's a decent engine
the 6l80 is prone to torque converter issue's, that has not changed ever
the dash's crack that's a given.
maybe i'm just being a grump
if I was going to buy a cheaper older gmt900 with engine durability in mind I would probably shop 07-09
buying anything with 160k or more on it is scary without documented service history, because that is when the proverbial s*hit hit's the fan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt