2007 Denali radio replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I have always wondered why grounding is supposed to be on a complete paint free surface??

sdgd711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, you will need one that has a 12v and a ground coming out of both sides. The filters that I have always used were the ones that came on the harness of the Pioneer navigation units. I can't guarantee that it will get rid of the noise entirely, but it might be worth a shot.

Here is a link to one of the harnesses. The filter is obviously the black box with the yellow and black wires coming out of it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-WIRE-HA...in_0?hash=item53d7f67d91&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

OP
OP
C

chris4851

Reaction score
I have found and ordered one, comes Monday. Thank for the help guys. I notice when I hook up to the front speakers the audio comes out of all the speakers. For example, Front Left plays on both the front and rear left side of the car. Is this common in these vehicles?

OP
OP
C

chris4851

Reaction score
So I have everything installed and working 95%. I notice an issue with the audio not turning on when starting the vehicle with the door closed. Here is my setup.... I have attached the remote amp wire to the OS4 red ACC wire. As someone pointed out this will work if my after market radio does not have a remote amp wire. The audio only plays when the vehicle has been started with the drivers side door open. If the door remains closed while the car is started no audio will be heard. Any thoughts?

sdgd711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try taking the amp turn on off the OS4 acc wire and temporarily hook it up to the 12v battery source (yellow wire on the OS4) and try starting the truck with the door closed. This will tell you if it has something to do with the acc wire on the OS4. Did you make sure to hook up the acc wires on the output of the external relay on the OS4?

OP
OP
C

chris4851

Reaction score
I will give this a shot (hooking the amp turn on to the yellow 12v source). However I did hook up to the output of the external relay. I was beginning to think that this might need to be hooked up before the relay as the relay might not be allowing the amp to turn on quick enough? Or is this relay used to shut the power to the 12v ACC once the door is opened?

sdgd711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The acc wire coming directly out of the OS4 is a very low current wire. They add the outboard relay so you can hook up more than just the radio acc to it. This probably goes without saying, but make sure you don't leave the amp turn on connected to the 12v battery wire permanently.

OP
OP
C

chris4851

Reaction score
I have hooked up to the constant 12V source and yes the audio works with or without the door closed when starting the vehicle. I assume that this works fine as the factory amp is ON all the time.

I have went back and hooked the remote amp wire to the ACC 12v source and still have the same issue with the audio playing if the door is closed when I start the vehicle. I guess for the time being I will need to remember to keep the door open when I start the vehicle. Anyone else experience anything like this?

Do you think this has anything to do with the RAP system in the vehicle? I have used a multimeter and measured the 12v ACC line and it works as it should. 12V is maintained until the drivers side door opened.

OP
OP
C

chris4851

Reaction score
Just to keep you all updated I have fixed this issue. The issue had nothing to do with the wiring. The aftermarket radio that I have put in the vehicle is an integrated all in one car computer/radio head unit with a built in 50x4 amp. The PC startup and shutdown is controlled via software and the ACC 12v line. Since I have installed this software the audio now plays when the vehicle door is closed when starting.

Thanks for all your help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
throwaway5262