2007 Denali Navigation hiccups

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R Fos

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have had since new 2007 Yukon Denali - recently been stumbling with my newest version disc, have had it since it came out, not being read - remove install 2-3x before functions correctly. Very irregular I thought that the summer was maybe a 'heat' issue but not seem to be the case. Wondering if the radio itself, she is not a new one but climate kept garage when not driving it.
Any suggestions - been few years not sure if 'DVD Player Cleaning' is option or is this pointing to the worse case replacement of radio. If so any nightmares to watch for love working on the car myself and tackling the issues one on one. I am a sirius and onstar subscriber so sure that will mess up things with head unit change out but all manageable I am sure after couple calls to India for reprogramming. Appreciate the input.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe a GPS can solve this? I’m not 100% but I believe there are aftermarket all in one head units as well.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the laser that reads the NAV DVD is going bad in the headunit. Not uncommon. That’s what happened with the factory nav in my 2006’s headunit. It was not worth replacing. More expensive to fix the laser disk than the cost of the whole headunit. Cheaper and easier to replace with an aftermarket headunit that also gave me full Bluetooth and a backup camera. You can get a nice aftermarket headunit that has nav, full Bluetooth, with the satellite radio module, and the right interface to retain your factory backup camera, steering wheel controls, and rear seat entertainment stuff. Check out crutchfield.com, and plug in your vehicle. It will give you everything compatible for your truck.