2006 Yukon Tailgate won’t open

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cerv

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m having an issue with my tailgate. Neither it or the window will open. Has anyone else had this issue and if so how did you fix it? I did check the fuses and wasn’t able to find anything wrong.

mwilson62000

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like both liftgate and window aren’t unlocking. Do you hear them unlock when you unlock via key fob? All other doors unlocking ok?

OP
OP
C

Cerv

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sounds like both liftgate and window aren’t unlocking. Do you hear them unlock when you unlock via key fob? All other doors unlocking ok?
I don’t hear them unlock. All my other doors unlock just fine.

mwilson62000

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure if separate fuse or relay for rear locks? Possible lock solenoid in the rear gone bad? I know you can pull interior panels off from inside, but Check this video out on how to get it open from inside

Obviously you will probably need to pull panels to investigate what is wrong inside.

OP
OP
C

Cerv

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not sure if separate fuse or relay for rear locks? Possible lock solenoid in the rear gone bad? I know you can pull interior panels off from inside, but Check this video out on how to get it open from inside

Obviously you will probably need to pull panels to investigate what is wrong inside.
This was a tremendous help. It turned out to be the actuator. It works perfect now. Thank you

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That’s an awesome cheat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu