2006 Tahoe - Mystery hose hanging near Vapor Canister Vent Solenoid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeinFL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

I replaced the Vapor Canister Vent Solenoid on my 2006 Tahoe today. While under there, I found a hose with a split-end hanging just above the rear diff. I checked all around, including the charcoal canister and I cannot figure out where this hose is suppose to go. The hose going to the Vapor Canister has a clamp on it where this mystery hose clamps onto to stay out of the way, other than that I don't think it's related. The SES light went out after replacing the Vent Solenoid, so I don't think it's part of the emissions.
Any thoughts on where I can plug this in?

Attachments

• ApplicationFrameHost_VocfokyrhR.jpg
    ApplicationFrameHost_VocfokyrhR.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 6

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where does the other end go? Was it on the original one? Looks like a vent hose to me

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe to this nipple? Or what appears to be one, and then gets retained by the clamp you pointed out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230121-231540_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230121-231540_Chrome.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 8

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I replaced the Vapor Canister Vent Solenoid on my 2006 Tahoe today. While under there, I found a hose with a split-end hanging just above the rear diff. I checked all around, including the charcoal canister and I cannot figure out where this hose is suppose to go. The hose going to the Vapor Canister has a clamp on it where this mystery hose clamps onto to stay out of the way, other than that I don't think it's related. The SES light went out after replacing the Vent Solenoid, so I don't think it's part of the emissions.
Any thoughts on where I can plug this in?
vent tube for the rear diff, just leave it be

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the axle vent hose and the other end runs up the fuel filler neck. If you can put it back on the axle that would be good, it's there in case you submerged your axle assembly like when backing in a boat ramp.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's the axle vent hose and the other end runs up the fuel filler neck. If you can put it back on the axle that would be good, it's there in case you submerged your axle assembly like when backing in a boat ramp.
oh, yep I didn't even notice it was off, lol thought it was the other end.
cut that split end off and stick it back on.

OP
OP
T

TahoeinFL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I'll be.... I was going to start looking into the nipple on top of the diff, I thought it was a grease fitting. Thanks everyone, much appreciated.