2006 Tahoe Body Mount and Bolt Size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lawrence Tureaud

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
TL:DR - looking for body mount hardware part numbers and kits to replace 2006 z71 Tahoe. Current hardware doesn’t match aftermarket offerings don’t want to order mismatched parts.

Hello first post here, putting out some info and looking for any feedback about my situation. I bought my 2006 Tahoe in 2010 and had it right at 10 years now as a daily driver with 180k miles. I love my truck, and I plan on doing long term frame and engine updates so I can keep driving another 10+ years. Kinda why I joined the forum so I can get guidance and put out info for stuff I go through. Anyways....

I recently replaced my brake lines and while lifting the body off the frame I broke a body mount bolt and most of the rubber cushion crumbled apart.

I looked at the after market body mount kits like EnergySuspension and Prothane, but they do not come with the hardware; they only supply the cushion. I need a new body mount bolt, and was going to replace the hardware with the other mounts since everything is salted and rusty. The S&B Silicone body mount kits are really nice and come with everything, but they do not have one for a 2006 Tahoe. The S&B customer service says their kits fit Silverado and Avalanche, but not my Tahoe.

I bought and returned a Dorman OE Solutions Body Mount Kit (#924-04) that had cushion, hardware, and bolt. However, none of my other mounts look like that Dorman with the two shims on top; furthermore, the bolt in was not the same size as my others. The Dorman customer service says their kits only fit position 1 and 4, and they don’t have anything for the other positions. I returned the kit because I don’t think I need one full new body mount on one side with a different bolt, while the rest are crumbled.

It’s like I can buy a kit with no hardware for every mount position, or buy individual mount kits with everything that are only for a few positions.

I looked online for the size of the body mount bolts and I found a reference at OEM Cats for part GM 11519402 Mount Cushion Bolt

Hexagon Flanged Head

(m12x1.75x120, 54 thread, 26.6 outside diameter, 10.9, 7114m, machine)

http://oemcats.com/oem-parts/11519402.html

I think the Dorman kit bolt was the same size as the part 11519402 M12x1.75mmx120mm I didn’t measure so can’t say for sure.

I measured and gauged the bolts from my Tahoe using a caliper and two types of thread gauges (my first time doing this so wanted to be sure) and none of my bolts match the size of the GM part.

All 10 of the body mount bolts (not including 2 radiator mounts) on my Tahoe are the same kind and size as one another.

Hex Flange Partial Threaded

Grade/Class: 10.9

Diameter: 14mm

Thread Pitch: 2.0mm

Length: 120mm

Threaded section: ~74mm w a 5mm dog point (only ~35mm of the threaded section is used)

Hex Head: 21mm

M14x2.0x120mm 10.9 Class

There is a washer on the bottom of each mount that is large and 69mm diameter.

I’m almost certain these bolts came installed from the factory because I bought the car with 50k miles and there was no damage, so why would all new frame bolts be swapped out.

At the least I have to buy a new bolt with a nut, because the broken bolt will have to be cut out and a new nut will be welded to the top. (I have to pay a car frame guy to do it since I don’t have a shop or big boy tools like that.)

Then I need to figure out the cushion and hardware for that position.

I put in a parts request for the local Chevrolet dealership to find all the body mounts hardware cushion and bolts, and they replied that they were working on it; but that was a week and a half ago. Maybe the parts guy couldn’t find it or my request is low priority.

If anyone has any guidance for how to replace the body mounts and find hardware I would really appreciate it. (I’m not going to a junk yard; it’s 2 degrees right now and I’d find more salt rusted parts.)

I’m tempted to get the S&B 81-2001 or 81-2003 and see why it doesn’t fit.
https://www.sbfilters.com/body-mounts/gm/2006-2014-extcrew-cab

2006 z71 Tahoe 4wd T-LM7 5.3L 8cyl MFI Gas

Series: C/K 15706

Here is a link to pictures of all the measurements for the bolts
https://imgur.com/gallery/yEE3Til
yEE3Til

BA940924-3B08-40D4-A0EC-17BF28026F27.jpeg

OP
OP
Lawrence Tureaud

Lawrence Tureaud

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I hope to get to that point. Want to get a new frame, blast and seal it and swap the rusted frame. But if I can’t even find the right body mount bolts; don’t know if I can manage a frame swap ha!

03catburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't be much help on the bolts I didnt do anything but take them out and then right back in. Being the south I have no rust issues and like yours all where the same minus the rad bolts

As for the bushing kit you found for 06-14 looks like they'll work I dont see enough diifference for it not to work

But if you have any questions ill try my best to help

mpope2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TL:DR - looking for body mount hardware part numbers and kits to replace 2006 z71 Tahoe. Current hardware doesn’t match aftermarket offerings don’t want to order mismatched parts.

Hello first post here, putting out some info and looking for any feedback about my situation. I bought my 2006 Tahoe in 2010 and had it right at 10 years now as a daily driver with 180k miles. I love my truck, and I plan on doing long term frame and engine updates so I can keep driving another 10+ years. Kinda why I joined the forum so I can get guidance and put out info for stuff I go through. Anyways....

I recently replaced my brake lines and while lifting the body off the frame I broke a body mount bolt and most of the rubber cushion crumbled apart.

I looked at the after market body mount kits like EnergySuspension and Prothane, but they do not come with the hardware; they only supply the cushion. I need a new body mount bolt, and was going to replace the hardware with the other mounts since everything is salted and rusty. The S&B Silicone body mount kits are really nice and come with everything, but they do not have one for a 2006 Tahoe. The S&B customer service says their kits fit Silverado and Avalanche, but not my Tahoe.

I bought and returned a Dorman OE Solutions Body Mount Kit (#924-04) that had cushion, hardware, and bolt. However, none of my other mounts look like that Dorman with the two shims on top; furthermore, the bolt in was not the same size as my others. The Dorman customer service says their kits only fit position 1 and 4, and they don’t have anything for the other positions. I returned the kit because I don’t think I need one full new body mount on one side with a different bolt, while the rest are crumbled.

It’s like I can buy a kit with no hardware for every mount position, or buy individual mount kits with everything that are only for a few positions.

I looked online for the size of the body mount bolts and I found a reference at OEM Cats for part GM 11519402 Mount Cushion Bolt

Hexagon Flanged Head

(m12x1.75x120, 54 thread, 26.6 outside diameter, 10.9, 7114m, machine)

http://oemcats.com/oem-parts/11519402.html

I think the Dorman kit bolt was the same size as the part 11519402 M12x1.75mmx120mm I didn’t measure so can’t say for sure.

I measured and gauged the bolts from my Tahoe using a caliper and two types of thread gauges (my first time doing this so wanted to be sure) and none of my bolts match the size of the GM part.

All 10 of the body mount bolts (not including 2 radiator mounts) on my Tahoe are the same kind and size as one another.

Hex Flange Partial Threaded

Grade/Class: 10.9

Diameter: 14mm

Thread Pitch: 2.0mm

Length: 120mm

Threaded section: ~74mm w a 5mm dog point (only ~35mm of the threaded section is used)

Hex Head: 21mm

M14x2.0x120mm 10.9 Class

There is a washer on the bottom of each mount that is large and 69mm diameter.

I’m almost certain these bolts came installed from the factory because I bought the car with 50k miles and there was no damage, so why would all new frame bolts be swapped out.

At the least I have to buy a new bolt with a nut, because the broken bolt will have to be cut out and a new nut will be welded to the top. (I have to pay a car frame guy to do it since I don’t have a shop or big boy tools like that.)

Then I need to figure out the cushion and hardware for that position.

I put in a parts request for the local Chevrolet dealership to find all the body mounts hardware cushion and bolts, and they replied that they were working on it; but that was a week and a half ago. Maybe the parts guy couldn’t find it or my request is low priority.

If anyone has any guidance for how to replace the body mounts and find hardware I would really appreciate it. (I’m not going to a junk yard; it’s 2 degrees right now and I’d find more salt rusted parts.)

I’m tempted to get the S&B 81-2001 or 81-2003 and see why it doesn’t fit.
https://www.sbfilters.com/body-mounts/gm/2006-2014-extcrew-cab

2006 z71 Tahoe 4wd T-LM7 5.3L 8cyl MFI Gas

Series: C/K 15706

Here is a link to pictures of all the measurements for the bolts
https://imgur.com/gallery/yEE3Til
yEE3Til

View attachment 270520

where are you located? I have all the factory hardware off my Sierra before I put my BL on. The hardware is the same for trucks and SUVs. PM me you address and I’ll send you some OE bolts

OP
OP
Lawrence Tureaud

Lawrence Tureaud

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
where are you located? I have all the factory hardware off my Sierra before I put my BL on. The hardware is the same for trucks and SUVs. PM me you address and I’ll send you some OE bolts

Thanks for the offer, but I just ordered the body mount kit from S&B and it comes with new bolts. It seems like the bolt sizes changed in year 2006 bc the body mount kits have different sizes. I really do appreciate the offer though, didn’t expect anything like that just from posting some info on here.

mpope2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer, but I just ordered the body mount kit from S&B and it comes with new bolts. It seems like the bolt sizes changed in year 2006 bc the body mount kits have different sizes. I really do appreciate the offer though, didn’t expect anything like that just from posting some info on here.
No problem. I know how hard it can be to find info and items from time to time and willing to help a fellow member anytime I can.

OP
OP
Lawrence Tureaud

Lawrence Tureaud

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Different Body Bolt Sizes by Vehicle Year

Maybe 2006 was a weird year for Tahoe body mount bolts.

My Tahoe is a 2006 old body but has the same M14 bolts as the 2007-2020. However all the part websites direct me to the older M12 size bolts. 2006 Suburbans have M14 on part websites, but it shows 2006 Tahoe as M12.

If you are buying bolts online you need to measure the size currently on your Tahoe or you might get the wrong size.

GM Part - 11516868 - M12x1.75x110mm

GM Part - 11519402 - M12x1.75x120mm

GM Part - 11562587 - M14x2.00x126mm

GM Part - 11589171 - M14x2.00x120mm (discontinued and replaced by part 11562587 M14x2.0x126mm)

What is currently on my truck: M14x2.0x120mm so I would have to get the replacement 11562587 even though the parts websites say that isn’t for my 2006 Tahoe.

OP
OP
Lawrence Tureaud

Lawrence Tureaud

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don’t want this to come across as an ad for this company, but I’m posting their specific info mainly bc they are frustrating me and don’t express the difference in their products. This seems like the best body mount kit available for a Tahoe, but they said it doesn’t fit without any explanation, and I just can’t see why not.

Had a couple of request to tech support of S&B and got some answers but not all.

They couldn’t tell me why their body mount kits fit Silverado 1500 and Avalanche, but not a Tahoe. They did tell me the bolt sizes between their kits which explains why their kit years are separated but look exactly the same. (I was going to order both just to see for myself but it was a $90 return fee.)

The bolt sizes are different for their products based on the year of the vehicle.

Look at the install instructions to see the individual pieces.

S&B Body Mount Kits for years 2001 to 2005 GM/Chevy 1500/2500/3500 Std/Ext/Crew Cab (kit numbers 81-2000 & 81-2001)

-This has a part number Cab Bolt AI2365-00 which is an M12x1.75x120mm (GM part 11519402)

S&B Body Mount Kits for years 2006-2014 GM/Chevy 1500/2500/3500 Std/Ext/Crew Cab (kit numbers 81-2002 & 81-2003)

-This has a part number Cab Bolt AI2366-00 which is an M14x2.0x125mm (GM part 11562587)

I did purchase the S&B kit for GM/Chevy 2006-2014 and it will come in next week. I will see if there is a fitting issue and take pictures to let you know what comes of it.

OP
OP
Lawrence Tureaud

Lawrence Tureaud

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
FC1B6A44-28A2-4DA2-9F5D-6F7EA7588B90.jpeg 19C1BF7A-F9E5-4F85-83C8-54AC271F6C0E.jpeg

S&B Body Mount Kit 81-2003 parts and bolt sizes.

So I went ahead and bought the S&B Body Mount Kit 81-2003 and it came in today. I took some pictures of the parts and bolt sizes. Everything looks really nice. However I’m not sure if these large mounts will fit for the radiator? I need to get under there and check, I thought they were different size mounts not just bolts. Also, this kit is meant for a crew cab truck, so there is only 8 mounts but I need 12 for my Tahoe. Captain Hindsight says I should have bought 2 of the 6 count kits. I still need to remove a broken bolt, so I will get under there this weekend and see what my plan will be.

$699 is expensive for 8 mounts; but they are good quality and hopefully last the life of the vehicle. Also, Dorman “OEM” replacements run $50-$100 apiece, so I think these are in the market range. Just hurts the pocket for something you never look at or notice.

Here are all the photos I took of the kit and bolt measurements.
https://imgur.com/gallery/mwIQ1M3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeroman64

Latest posts