2006 Escalade: A/C unresponsive and wont turn off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Morten

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

My dad has a 2006 Escalade where the climate system seem to have a life of its own.
It runs on full blast regardless of if you turn the fan speed up/down, it also stays on after turning the car off, and it is only blowing hot air regardless of what you set the temperature to.

After googling around I found people saying its the PCM thats fried, however I am not able to find any PCM part number, does anyone what the part number is for the PCM?

does it sound likely to be the PCM or am I looking in the wrong place?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you in advance.

OP
OP
M

Morten

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
By the way; if I pull the fuse for the blower motor, then the fan switches off.....so I am pretty confident that its the PCM or whatever control module controls the climate system

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The fan speed is likely independent of the hot air issue, but they could be related if the HVAC module is having issues.

More likely, though, for the fan speed is the blower motor resistor. Easy enough to get to and test:

The hot air issue is likely an HVAC temp actuator issue.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Morten

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The fan speed is likely independent of the hot air issue, but they could be related if the HVAC module is having issues.

More likely, though, for the fan speed is the blower motor resistor. Easy enough to get to and test:

The hot air issue is likely an HVAC temp actuator issue.

I think its unlikely to be the resistor causing the issues my dad is experiencing. But I'll test the resistor like he is describing in the video tomorrow just to eliminate that.

Thank you your input and for sharing the video.

OP
OP
M

Morten

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Apologies for the late update, its been snowing like crazy here.

I just removed the resistor from my dads escalade, and it looks completely different than the one he shows in that video. The one my dads truck has only has a 3 pin / terminal connector and the the 7 pin / terminal one he shows in that video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645