2006 Denali Navigation Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,Im new to the forums. New owner of a 2006 Denali XL. I Love my new ride. Its pretty comfortable runs really good and only has 75k miles from one owner. I did notice an issue with the factory nav system. It seems like an issue with the dvd drive. It doesn't always laod when I hit the nav button. Itll say disk check in progress but then doesn't load, then says cd error or no map disc even if the disc is in. Then other times it loads fine and works. Any ideas? also to get it fixed, will I have to go to a GMC dealership? Or something maybe a professional audio installer can do? I really don't want to keep the factory nav anyways, but id like to get it fixed before I have the installer take it out and put in a nice pioneer unit so I can sell the factory and have it be in full working order.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds like the eye/laser/scanner going bad maybe?

A regular stereo shop wouldn't fix it. Maybe a specialized radio repair place, but all of them have closed up around here. Easier/faster/cheaper to get a new radio nowadays.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman