2005 Tahoe Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jv310

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone. New to the forum im from Los angeles Ca and I have a question. Today I went to the supermarket and it's getting a little warm out here so I was running the AC. I walk out the truck and forgot my phone so i turned back and noticed that there was a small puddle of water in the rear of the passenger side tire by the exhaust that was dripping and well it's not the exhaust. It's just water that's dropping from a small rubber part under the truck. Is this normal?

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the rear a/c if you had it on.

Welcome from Miami&NYC Juan!

OP
OP
J

Jv310

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes I had both front and rear on. I have the knobs on the dash and I have one on the top of the truck for the rear and well I had both of them going. I just had never paid attention and was wondering if this was normal.

OP
OP
J

Jv310

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sounds like the rear a/c if you had it on.

Welcome from Miami&NYC Juan!
Yes I had both front and rear on. I have the knobs on the dash and I have one on the top of the truck for the rear and well I had both of them going. I just had never pard attention and was wo dering if this was normal

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Yes I had both front and rear on. I have the knobs on the dash and I have one on the top of the truck for the rear and well I had both of them going. I just had never pard attention and was wo dering if this was normal

Yes. Normal. The drain for the condensate is exactly where you describe.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you I appreciate it. I had never payed attention to this until today.

If it makes you feel better, we have had either a Yukon XL or a Suburban since 2010 and just last night, my wife asked the same question.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitransmission