2005 tahoe z71 5.3L TUNING OPTIONS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pap1730

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, Im pretty new here on the forum guys. I have a question about tuning. I have an 05 tahoe 5.3l z71, I would like to do a tune on her, want to know the best option. My truck doesn't have much goin on, cold air intake, and cat back exhaust. I do plan on doing more mods such as intake manifold, headers, and a cam upgrade. I do drive the truck daily, so she can't sit until im done with mods. So, what are some of my options. Im going to need to keep updating the tune as I progress with mods..

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are not simply looking for a canned one-size-fits-all tune, but instead a tune that is custom assembled and tweaked for your specific truck, the most common custom tunes used by folks here are Black Bear Performance and HP Tuners.

I cannot speak personally to HP Tuners, but other folks familiar with their brand will chime in.

For me, I have a Black Bear Performance tune on my truck, and I offer you the following on that brand. A Black Bear Performance tune will run in the neighborhood of $600. This tune will modify your ECM and also your TCM (so that shifting performance will also be improved, which can make as much a difference in performance as the ECM tune). And with this purchase, you will be able to obtain future tune adjustments for a nominal fee for the life of your truck, whenever you make a mod for which a tune adjustment would be appropriate (cam, headers, CAI, tire size change, etc.). You can obtain the tune totally remotely with BBP, and I would suggest that you call @BlackBearPerf and discuss your needs with them. Don't think of it as a one-time purchase from a vendor, but rather, think of it as building a long-term relationship with a vendor, who will be at your service for your tuning needs for the life of your truck. You won't be disappointed. A good tune is the best performance mod you can make for your dollar, IMO.

OP
OP
P

pap1730

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.. I will certainly give them a call..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kentf3