2005 Tahoe Daily [Update 06/25/20 - leveled?]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The one that gives you the mpg's.

oh lol, of course it's the one that I literally was not expecting at all

It's called "Fuelly" on iPhone, and "aCar" on android

very easy to use, just enter stuff each time you fill up and it does the rest

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so my builder finished the box a lot quicker than I expected! I ran over to detroit to get it, and then had to recone a subwoofer that I blew previously

Last edited:
OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 3 15 box was:

48" wide x 23.25" tall x 35" deep

my new box is:

49" wide x 23.25" tall x 36" deep

surprisingly, the 1" wider made a helluva time getting the battery box in

it pushed the box over enough that I could not load the battery in without rubbing my window. big no no - especially because I know tint rubs off easily

ended up having to cut off a portion of the box as seen, and then tilt the battery in and go for it

of course, in typical fashion - it was already dark by the time I finished the job

have the subwoofers wired @ 2 ohms currently, but plan to eventualy drop to 0.5 ohms once I break in the reconed sub a little bit

first impressions are that this system is great. plays quite a bit lower, and seems to be comparably loud even on "low" power

Last edited:

Thatsquishykid717

Annoying guy with the loud stereo
Reaction score
Gotta love the tight fitment of keeping everything in the cargo area and no wall I feel your pain lol.

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whelp went and tested them today and my scores were a lot lower than expected, even though power was decent for wiring @ 2 ohms

after I did all my metering, I was playing around on music and was like "dang, something doesn't look right".

the passenger side front sub didn't look to be moving at all

after some consulting on facebook, I went and pulled the sub and learned that one of my coils was improperly marked

so hopefully I'll see some decent gains tomorrow

Last edited:

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
whelp went and tested them today and my scores were a lot lower than expected, even though power was decent for wiring @ 2 ohms

View attachment 238005

after I did all my metering, I was playing around on music and was like "dang, something doesn't look right".

the passenger side front sub didn't look to be moving at all

after some consulting on facebook, I went and pulled the sub and learned that one of my coils was improperly marked

View attachment 238009

so hopefully I'll see some decent gains tomorrow
That should make a significant difference..!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgeurts