2005 Tahoe - disconnect steering wheel harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mijohnst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to drop the steering wheel column but I need to get the wiring disconnected. I've noticed that in the earlier models it's a 7mm bolt you unscrew in the middle. In mine, it's got a gray lever but I'm afraid to break it if I pull too hard. I've tried some but it doesn't release. Does anyone have advice on how to disconnect that? He's a picture of what I'm looking at. Right above the ECU to the left. Thanks again gents!

20200102_161154.jpg

Mr. 960

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen those before you pull on it and it unlatches the whole plug. Go slow and wiggle it in the process.

OP
OP
mijohnst

mijohnst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen those before you pull on it and it unlatches the whole plug. Go slow and wiggle it in the process.

Figured it out a few days ago. I *think* it's because there are some lock clips on the backside. I ended up unbolting the bracket it's hanging on so I could see the back and was able to get it off. Thanks for the reply!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645