2005 Tahoe coolant flush impossible

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PNWYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else found this on their rig?

Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 6.36.31 PM.png

I am going to do a coolant flush and what do you know I have no drain plug or drain hose. The outlet is there and even the loop on the side of the radiator is there for storing the drain hose. WTF.

Anyone have any good ideas about how to proceed?

OneofFew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL wow. I guess you will have to pull a radiator hose off, maybe a heater hose too, in order to flush it.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They did away with the drain petcocks in 2003 I believe. Just pull the lower radiator hose. It’s faster anyway, just more messy but the petcocks didn’t direct the coolant anywhere that was a straight shot down, it hit stuff on the way and made a mess regardless.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They did away with the drain petcocks in 2003 I believe. Just pull the lower radiator hose. It’s faster anyway, just more messy but the petcocks didn’t direct the coolant anywhere that was a straight shot down, it hit stuff on the way and made a mess regardless.
there was a hose that fits on the petcock outlet and then tucked up into the hole on the side of the radiator, when you wanted to drain it you pulled the hose down and pointed it at a bucket then opened the drain, my 2012 radiator has the petcock and I added the hose back, but it's a aftermarket radiator from 1800radiator.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there was a hose that fits on the petcock outlet and then tucked up into the hole on the side of the radiator, when you wanted to drain it you pulled the hose down and pointed it at a bucket then opened the drain, my 2012 radiator has the petcock and I added the hose back, but it's a aftermarket radiator from 1800radiator.
I bought a new a ACDelco radiator for my 02 and no petcock. The old one had one. I don’t miss it. I just pop off the lower hose, then hose everything down good afterwards.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Want to flush your coolant out your radiator real quickly, and then replace it with new coolant? Just let one of your heater hoses blow out. :)

Yeah more like one of those ******* plastic tee fittings on the firewall.:rolleyes:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah more like one of those ******* plastic tee fittings on the firewall.:rolleyes:

For me, it was the hose itself. It ripped off completely, just at the end of the quick disconnect, connecting to one of the Tees. But, at the strong recommendation of the folks here, I replaced the Tees, as well. This Forum does have value. :)

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For me, it was the hose itself. It ripped off completely, just at the end of the quick disconnect, connecting to one of the Tees. But, at the strong recommendation of the folks here, I replaced the Tees, as well. This Forum does have value. :)

Yup! Right where mine broke driving through a ghetto towing the boat in a rainstorm at 9 oclock at night. Loads of fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900