2005 tahoe 4wd switch no 2wd or auto?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B_BODY_1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I saw a tahoe that has 4wd but only has traction control, low and 4wd switches. Where is the 2wd and auto?

Attachments

• tahoe 4x4 switch.jpg
    tahoe 4x4 switch.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 11

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is AWD only

I have the EXACT same set up and was educated just recently that this set up is pretty much identical to an AUTO 4WD and that it is NOT AWD.

If you search here, I want to say we had discussed this approx. 2 weeks ago.

OP
OP
B

B_BODY_1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok I will search this forum.
I'm hoping there is a way to lock it in 2wd.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That top button is 2wd. I don't remember 05 but being in 2wd may also turn off traction control :shrug: your owners manual should tell you

OP
OP
B

B_BODY_1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I don't have the truck yet, I was going to do a trade with a dealer. All the tahoes and burbans I've seen all have auto, 2wd, 4wd and low. But I know the caddy and the denali are all awd.
I just like to be able to select 2wd and lock it, in which I'm ok with killing the traction control.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That top button is 2wd. I don't remember 05 but being in 2wd may also turn off traction control :shrug: your owners manual should tell you

Top button will indeed turn of the traction control! That as far as I know is all the top button does.

The truck will always run in the center setting which is (as I was told here on the forum) AUTO 4WD.

You can switch it to 4 LO, but that's it as far as I know.

I am at 145K miles with this rig and never had an issue with this set up.

Hope this helps.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, guess what I was educated about a couple of weeks ago does according to the manual not hold true.

This is an AWD with Stabilitrak System, not an AUTO 4WD system, see picture out of my manual.

There is no mention anywhere that 2 wheel drive will be engaged once the Stabilitrak (top button) is turned off.

Hopes this helps and does clarify this once and for all.

Attachments

• 20150125_202502.jpg
    20150125_202502.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 42

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, guess what I was educated about a couple of weeks ago does according to the manual not hold true.

This is an AWD with Stabilitrak System, not an AUTO 4WD system, see picture out of my manual.

There is no mention anywhere that 2 wheel drive will be engaged once the Stabilitrak (top button) is turned off.

Hopes this helps and does clarify this once and for all.

That certainly does clear some things up and helps correct some bad information some of the rest of us had :Handshake: thank you for posting that! Feel free to post this in that other thread as well so that if anyone searches and finds that thread they get correct info :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DesertGator

Latest posts