2004 Yukon - New owner - need advice on system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tlzkaasen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good Morning,

I just picked up a 2004 Yukon last night after shopping the last couple months. The one thing this vehicle needs is a replacement stereo. Seems very outdated. The vehicle currently sports a bose system and the rear DVD player(I need to make sure this works after replacement or my wife and daughter will kill me).

I'm looking for a NAV, Bluetooth, Iphone setup like the JVC KW-Nt3HDT.. Making sure the appearance of the dash area is upgraded rather than looking like a stereo was just installed in an old cutlass when I was 16 is VERY Important. See wife killing me above.

Any pictures of your setups would be appreciated as well.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not buy a factory nav systems then?

B0$$MAN

Boss of all Bosses
Reaction score
You can find factory systems on eBay. Kenwood Excelon or Pioneer AVIC makes awesome headunits with all of those features.

2kwik4u

Reaction score
Will the newest body style head units work in an '03?

I've found a couple on eBay for not a ton of money as compared to an aftermarket unit. I'm just not certain if the head unit from say an '07+ will fit and work in the '03 dash?!?!?

Any thoughts from the experts?!?!

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good Morning,

I just picked up a 2004 Yukon last night after shopping the last couple months. The one thing this vehicle needs is a replacement stereo. Seems very outdated. The vehicle currently sports a bose system and the rear DVD player(I need to make sure this works after replacement or my wife and daughter will kill me).

I'm looking for a NAV, Bluetooth, Iphone setup like the JVC KW-Nt3HDT.. Making sure the appearance of the dash area is upgraded rather than looking like a stereo was just installed in an old cutlass when I was 16 is VERY Important. See wife killing me above.

Any pictures of your setups would be appreciated as well.

Since you have a double din, go with kenwood or pioneer's AVIC... I have the pioneer and I love the UI but if the functionality of the kenwood's navigation UI i hear is way better then the pioneer AVIC.

Huck

Whut Thee Huck?!
Reaction score
Will the newest body style head units work in an '03?

I've found a couple on eBay for not a ton of money as compared to an aftermarket unit. I'm just not certain if the head unit from say an '07+ will fit and work in the '03 dash?!?!?

Any thoughts from the experts?!?!

I'm pretty sure they're not plug and play

solored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe Parrot, has something of interest for you. I believe from what I have heard that they are compatable units to GM's nav and BOSS audio system. You can email a fellow named John, from my home town, Airdrie Auto Trends. (www.airdrieautotrends.com)