2004 Tahoe bose questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hepp04hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys I have a 2004 Tahoe with Bose, no sub, xm and onstar. question is, I am going to be replacing the head unit and the door speakers. I want to get rid of the bose amp. why you ask? when it's col, below 30 degrees I have no sound, until the inside of the hoe is nice and heated up and in Iowa that is all winter, which sucks! I will eventually be adding a 5 channel amp for the componets and sub when I get the money, my question how do I loop around or bypass the bose amp? I have done lot of reading and searching and haven't found any clear answers. thanks!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
hey guys I have a 2004 Tahoe with Bose, no sub, xm and onstar. question is, I am going to be replacing the head unit and the door speakers. I want to get rid of the bose amp. why you ask? when it's col, below 30 degrees I have no sound, until the inside of the hoe is nice and heated up and in Iowa that is all winter, which sucks! I will eventually be adding a 5 channel amp for the componets and sub when I get the money, my question how do I loop around or bypass the bose amp? I have done lot of reading and searching and haven't found any clear answers. thanks!
If I'm not mustaken @05Single had a thread on this. He had a little diagram of just unplugging the amp and just splicing orange/orange, red/red etc, from both plug ends. Hopefully he'll chime in.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
All i found in my research was people just ran all new wires.
I never had a problem with mine in the cold but i heard others having the same common problem.

Also if you have bose you do have a sub. Its under the cup holders. Or if you have no bass then its blown

Heres my thread
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/03-bose-bypass.101546/
Ran them complete? From end to end, or just from plug to plug once the amp is pulled out?

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And are you sure you don’t have a sub? My 04 has a sub tucked away at the very front of the center console NOT inside the cargo area panel. You have bose speakers and amp I’m willing to bet you have a sub.

OP
OP
H

hepp04hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay I thought the only sub was in the rear cargo area. if there is a sub in center console it Is either really weak or blown up lol. thanks for the answers guys good stuff to look into!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
preinternet