2003 Tahoe..Viper 5706v

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EDDIE03HOE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone I’m new here and just installed a viper 5706v remote start alarm on my 2003 Tahoe. I seem to have a problem when unlocking the truck. For some odd reason I need to unlock it twice so the exterior lights could come on. There’s times where they come on the first unlock but most of the time I need to unlock twice. Has anyone encountered this situation. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Jonesy92

Reaction score
I had this when i bought my 03 Tahoe, and sadly, one night, my truck locked, and i couldnt get it unlocked. Had to use my key, and of course the alarm went off. Viper remote turned the alarm off, but then wiuldnt let me start the truck. So, as bad as i didnt want to, I had to disable the whole system. Wish i could get it replaced though.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone I’m new here and just installed a viper 5706v remote start alarm on my 2003 Tahoe. I seem to have a problem when unlocking the truck. For some odd reason I need to unlock it twice so the exterior lights could come on. There’s times where they come on the first unlock but most of the time I need to unlock twice. Has anyone encountered this situation. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
you might not have good voltage somewhere, or some relays are tired, using additional relays will probably solve the problem.
your best resource if you are doing this yourself is to go to www.the12volt.com and join the forum, a lot of the techs that develop alarm systems, installers, etc are on the forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
03yukonxldenali

Latest posts