2003 Tahoe LT mystery plug in drivers footwell??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigshawn

Reaction score
Could it be one of them buy here, pay here kind of places where you pay every week and if you don't they can shut off the vehicle. Maybe the dealer or someone installed it awhile go since he said it looks like it's hooked to the ignition. The one guy I worked with had one in his vehicle and it was just a little box you type a code in once you've made your payment.
Or one of them dui things people with past dui's would have to blow in before they could start it?
And by the way looks like a nice ride and there's a lot of nice people on this forum that help.

Last edited:

marktrafton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had one of these on a new car that I bought. Mine was a dealer installed "security system". When I would not pay for it, they just cut off the top part of the chip that you grab and then installed the small piece that has to be in the socket for the car to start. If you look closely at the picture, it looks like the very end of the chip is in the slot. I did remove mine without ant issues. If you want to verify that is what this is, carefully use some very small needle nose pliers and pull the chip that is in the slot. Make note of which way it came out. With it out, try to start the truck. If it is like mine was, the truck will not start without it.

slypher25aussie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had one of these on a new car that I bought. Mine was a dealer installed "security system". When I would not pay for it, they just cut off the top part of the chip that you grab and then installed the small piece that has to be in the socket for the car to start. If you look closely at the picture, it looks like the very end of the chip is in the slot. I did remove mine without ant issues. If you want to verify that is what this is, carefully use some very small needle nose pliers and pull the chip that is in the slot. Make note of which way it came out. With it out, try to start the truck. If it is like mine was, the truck will not start without it.
That is just such BS that they would preemptively spend that time and money just in the hopes of suckering a few people into paying for it.

Then when you say no they don’t even bother to remove it. Asinine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamnalicea143e