2003 tahoe barn doors lock works opposite direction.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yungmike707

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 03 tahoe with barn doors that had been replaced before i bought the truck and when the doors were replaced some how the lock mechanism started working opposite direction than all other doors. When i lock the truck the barn doors unlock and vice-versa for unlocking. I have to manually lock or unlock the back. Tried ti switch the lock but didnt seem to fit or work in the correct direction. Can anyone help shed some like on this issue for me please.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Since the actuator itself should be pushing/pulling on demand from the control switch it sounds like the linkage or actual lock tumbler is not working properly or mounted wrong.

The statement that says, "when doors were replaced some how the lock mechanism started working the opposite direction than all other doors", confuses me. Does that mean that when replaced they worked ok and then all of a sudden they didn't or just when the new door was hung, the problem was there from day one?

Can the actuators be programmed by a Tech II?

When you say, "tried to switch the lock", what are you talking about? The actual lock tumbler assembly or the actuator?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC