2003 GMC YUKON BRAKE QUESTION

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nyjetfan21

Reaction score
I have a 2003 GMC Yukon I just recently replaced the brake line on the drivers side everything seemed well for a couple of months and now I am getting a display message on my dash board that says service break system soon I checked the line that I replaced for leaks and everything is good I checked the fluid in the master cylinder and neck looks good as well the only problem I had when I installed the new line was I was only able to bleed out three of the four calipers because one bleeder valve was frozen by the way the other brake lines on the truck seem fine as well is there any suggestions why that message displays sometimes if I shut the car off and turn it back on the message goes away The message don’t always display every time I start the car any help would be appreciated thank you

Erickk120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I replaced my driver brake side because of a cracked line, I had that message but I got it right off the bat on the first startup, I bled all 4 corners and nothing seem to get it off, until forum member "Doubeleive" recommended disconnecting/reconnecting the proportioning valve which seems to get stuck more often than not, I did that and I haven't seen that message ever since, some have it under the master cylinder but mine was located on the valve. Worth a try
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/attachments/sensor-jpg.204624/
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/attachments/p_20180802_204524-jpg.204594/

OP
OP
N

Nyjetfan21

Reaction score
I actually never did a scan on the truck just displays on the dashboard once in a while What is actually the proportioning valve in the picture that you sent is it just unplugging something and re-plugging it in I was wondering if it was that thing with the blue on it in the picture where and what exactly will that be on my Yukon

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I actually never did a scan on the truck just displays on the dashboard once in a while What is actually the proportioning valve in the picture that you sent is it just unplugging something and re-plugging it in I was wondering if it was that thing with the blue on it in the picture where and what exactly will that be on my Yukon
:popcorn:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick