2002 Tahoe owned since new. 215,000 plus mile and runs perfect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buddyhotrod

Reaction score
Gotta Love the Chevy Tahoe.

My mother bought hers brand new in 2002. She was skeptical about the purchase and had always just had used cars.

From 2002 until 2015 my mother put nearly 180,000 miles on her Tahoe.

Only mechanical issues were water pump,fuel pump, Alt, and a few batteries over the years.

In 2015 She sold her Tahoe to me and I pulled the engine to replace the oil pan gasket, While I had the motor out I also replaced every gasket and seal on the entire engine except the head gaskets.

Here I am 3 years later 210,000 miles and still runs like a champ.

Currently the front end is a little loose feeling but not bad, we pulled it into the shop the other day and all that we could find was the steering idler arm bushing had a small bit of play.

Transmission still shifts perfect.

Hope everyone else has had as good of luck as we have with the Chevy Tahoe

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife got 208k out of the factory brake pads on her 2002.

Lot of highway commuting for work? I got a little over 150,000 out of the original pads on my old work van but most of those miles were highway so it was easy to rack up the non-braking miles.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh- somewhat relevant story: I stopped yesterday to check out the de-cladded 20s on an '05 Sierra crewcab. It had 320,000 miles on it and counting as it was the owner's daily driver. It even had water over the dash during the flood of 2016. The truck looked great inside and out and everything worked fine. He said he drained and replaced all the fluids and used a compressor to blow out every electrical connector and hit them with some contact cleaner before reassembling. Didn't replace a singe sensor or electronic module. He said the only thing that didn't survive was the radio, speakers and Bose amp, but he went aftermarket and bypassed the amp. I absolutely believe his story because he had pics and because my buddy's '01 extended cab Silverado with 315,000 miles was under 8' of water in that flood. We replaced the fluids and used it to haul the salvageables to his new place before his insurance had it picked up. Yes, he had full coverage on that old beast. Paid $3,000 for it and insurance wrote him a check for $6,000.

MidnightRider

Reaction score
Lot of highway commuting for work? I got a little over 150,000 out of the original pads on my old work van but most of those miles were highway so it was easy to rack up the non-braking miles.

Actually very little highway driving. Mostly local county road commute to work and running errands in town. She is just a really careful driver and does not get in a hurry (ever) and no tailgating. That and some really good pads. She drove that thing to 280k with very little problems. I hope her new one holds up that well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne