2002 Chevy Tahoe flamethrower kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RealRecluze

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am installing a hot licks flamethrower kit for my 2002 Chevy Tahoe and I am under the fuse box trying to figure out which pink wire I need to cut that gives power to the ignition coils but I am having trouble finding out which one(s) it may be. If anyone can help I would very much appreciate it

Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I cannot personally help you with your question; however, other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me will chime in.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What Country are you in? Illegal in most even for anti carjacking. More Info please this might be fun!

Reaction score
What Country are you in? Illegal in most even for anti carjacking. More Info please this might be fun!
It's to shoot flames out the exhaust tip. Used mostly on show cars or hotrods.

People used to mount a spark plug a few inches from the exhaust opening and wire it up to a switch. Spark ignites the unburnt fuel in the exhaust. Works best with no cats. Now days an electric igniter is used instead of a spark plug.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kind of cool at a drag strip, race track or some car show exhibition...

But on a personal vehicle?

Personally, I think it is not worth the expense or potential to get into trouble with something like that. Where could you use such a thing and not get in trouble? Your own driveway? The neighbors will think you might be a little off the rails...

Even if the device is not illegal by itself, I would think life would get complicated with tickets and court dates. If anyone ever got hurt or property got damaged... You might get sued. If an insurance company found out about its use, they may decide to make you uninsurable.

I don't like flaming (pun intended) other people's ideas for customizations or mods. But this is one idea that just has me scratching my head on why anyone (other than someone with a show car) would think this is a great idea...

Certainly your choice, but I can't say I go along with the concept being a good one. Nothing I would ever think of pouring money and time into doing. I guess I am not that much of a risk taker.

Best of luck! Stay out of trouble and stay safe.

Let us know how it works out.

Cheers!

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's to shoot flames out the exhaust tip. Used mostly on show cars or hotrods.

People used to mount a spark plug a few inches from the exhaust opening and wire it up to a switch. Spark ignites the unburnt fuel in the exhaust. Works best with no cats. Now days an electric igniter is used instead of a spark plug.
My grandpa was an old school mechanic and engine builder. He told me how to do this with a spark plug and Model T ignition coil. It definitely works better with a carbureted engine too.

Blackmar401

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Kind of cool at a drag strip, race track or some car show exhibition...

But on a personal vehicle?

Personally, I think it is not worth the expense or potential to get into trouble with something like that. Where could you use such a thing and not get in trouble? Your own driveway? The neighbors will think you might be a little off the rails...

Even if the device is not illegal by itself, I would think life would get complicated with tickets and court dates. If anyone ever got hurt or property got damaged... You might get sued. If an insurance company found out about its use, they may decide to make you uninsurable.

I don't like flaming (pun intended) other people's ideas for customizations or mods. But this is one idea that just has me scratching my head on why anyone (other than someone with a show car) would think this is a great idea...

Certainly your choice, but I can't say I go along with the concept being a good one. Nothing I would ever think of pouring money and time into doing. I guess I am not that much of a risk taker.

Best of luck! Stay out of trouble and stay safe.

Let us know how it works out.

Cheers!
Think you may be blowing this a little out of proportion. It's not going to blow an 80' napa*m(strange censor)burst out of the exhaust, even if you were bumper to bumper there most likely would be a little discolored paint at most. Cops would probably just tell him to knock it off, and neighbors... I have never been one for impressing anyone. I'm not too popular with my neighbors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE

Latest posts