2001 Tahoe Radio Volume Not Adjusting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slypher25aussie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guess would be to start tracing those wires from the previous owner. If they had a aftermarket head unit installed, they likely bypassed the factory amp.

OP
OP
T

TheEnder53

Reaction score
My guess would be to start tracing those wires from the previous owner. If they had a aftermarket head unit installed, they likely bypassed the factory amp.
Factory amp wasn’t bypassed, but after looking at it for a fair bit, and checking all the wires and undoing past mistakes, i am almost 100% sure the amp went.

Everything checks out wiring wise now.

slypher25aussie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this sounds counter intuitive, but instead of replacing the amp (if that is the problem) you might consider replacing the radio with an aftermarket head unit and bypassing the amp (properly of course ;)).

OP
OP
T

TheEnder53

Reaction score
I know this sounds counter intuitive, but instead of replacing the amp (if that is the problem) you might consider replacing the radio with an aftermarket head unit and bypassing the amp (properly of course ;)).
I’d like to do that haha, would be good i think. Instead of having to install *this* harness or *that* harness trying to get a 24 year old radio to work with modern tech.

OP
OP
T

TheEnder53

Reaction score
Update almost a month later.

Got an amp bypass cable, plugged it in, now has working speakers up front. Back door speakers and sub don’t work. I guess that has to do with the fact that the other connector isn’t working, and that maybe the sub needs power to get the back stuff to work.

I plan on buying a new amp soon.

NoReverseYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do Tahoes have those rear seat radio controls in the center console?

Did yours originally have that separate cassette tape player?

If so, there are some threads on here addressing your no rear speaker sound.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n