2001 Tahoe LS 4x4 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
**UPDATE**
I did some thinking over the last few weeks on how to put my steps on and I came up with a solution; Frame mounting. I was able to fabricate my brackets and flip them around to face the frame and that took all the struggle out of making them work on the body. And they are stronger too. My welds held up nicely and I've stood all 280 pounds of me on them and only a little hair of flex. Needless to say, my girlfriend can get in the truck with no issues now. Ignore the poor welding as I am not a professional welder, I just get the job done lol. It really ties the whole exterior appearance together and I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out. Last bit of visual upgrading im going to do is a fiberglass ram air hood I found online for 450 bucks (functional as well). Let me know what you think!
View attachment 347037View attachment 347038View attachment 347039View attachment 347040
I think the steps came out great. What hood are you getting?

OP
OP
Evildmanarc

Evildmanarc

Reaction score
I think the steps came out great. What hood are you getting?
It is like perfect for what I'm looking to do.

OP
OP
Evildmanarc

Evildmanarc

Reaction score
Does anyone have any ideas what cold air kit would be best for that hood design? That's the next part on my list I'm going to get. I was thinking I should utilize the full square port that hood has to offer and seal it up to it. I just can't seem to find one. K and n is the way I'd prefer but I didn't see a box that I wanted to use. Any suggestions help!