2001 Computer Climate Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Partsguy19

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello All,
I have a 2001 Tahoe w/ "Computer Climate Control". Long story short, was working perfectly. battery died, put charger on it, started it and ever since then my vent doors go from floor, to vent, to defrost and keeps cycling. I have learned how to make it stop on just vent by making sure the control is set to "auto" and shut the truck off when it cycles to the vent stage and re-start. I have seen countless video's and information on calibrating the 2002 and newer models with the digital temp display which I don't have. I bought a used climate control computer and it is doing the same thing. Did I buy a bad one just like mine? The question is, when replacing this unit does it have to be calibrated or should it be plug & play? attached is a picture of my unit. And again, t's not the same as the 2002 where you pull a fuse, turn the key on etc. I don't have the same fuses as a 2002.
Everything else works as it should besides I can't control the recirc either. Stuck on recirc.

Thank you!!

Attachments

• controls.jpg
    controls.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 8

Steve-O-87

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
May be a long shot but I have the exact same problem with my 2001 Tahoe after replacing the starter. Did you ever figure out the solution?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
May be a long shot but I have the exact same problem with my 2001 Tahoe after replacing the starter. Did you ever figure out the solution?
This is such an old thread, you should start your own thread to get more responses. Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

Have you tried disconnecting both battery cables at the battery and let sit for 30 minutes and reconnect?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo