2000 NBS Blue Steel Burban Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
00'BlueSteel

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Opps correction, Mine isn't the same brand, its the same exact style, but its made by spyder. They look the exact same.

The headlights I have are Spyder haha, VIPMotoz sells all kinds of brands just depends on which ones you buy...they don’t tell which brand you’re getting either, lol. My headlights have Spyder on the back, these tails actually have Sonar brand stickers on the back.

Truck looks great. Tails look awesome, like icing on the cake. :boobs:

Thanks bud! Glad the back is pretty much squared away, time for the front. As it think to myself that was the cheap and easy end.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I was a little hesitant to try them with all the post on here about, single LEDs going out in them and all kinds of stuff. Gonna stay positive about it and hope they work out, my VIP Motoz headlights have stood the test of time and abused other than the lens fading bad they work perfectly fine after 4 years of daily use. Hope the tails hold up like @about20ninj45 has experienced.
You should try sanding, buffing and polishing your headlights.

OP
OP
00'BlueSteel

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should try sanding, buffing and polishing your headlights.

I’m being a chicken, watched the videos then never got up the mind set to actually put sand paper to my headlight. I can do paint, metal, and chrome. Plastic it not my friend..:(

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I’m being a chicken, watched the videos then never got up the mind set to actually put sand paper to my headlight. I can do paint, metal, and chrome. Plastic it not my friend..:(
Dude, too bad you're not near me. That's one of the things I do in my business. I'd help ya:console::)

Last edited:
OP
OP
00'BlueSteel

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude, too bad you're not near me. That's one of the things I do in my business. I'd help ya:console::)

That would be awesome! I know I can do it, just not sure about pressure to apply and how long to do each step. I always end up burning plastic when I try to polish it.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
That would be awesome! I know I can do it, just not sure about pressure to apply and how long to do each step. I always end up burning plastic when I try to polish it.
It's like sanding bondo. Start with sandpaper that you think it needs, then go finer, until you hit maybe 2000 grit. Then use some 3M plastic polish on a buffer. Some guys like to use rattle can clear to finish it off. You're done. Don't press too hard, just give ut enough pressure for the sandpaper to get a bite. Have you ever buffed paint? If so, same pressure, and make sure you keep moving the pad around. I use the wool pads. Just make sure before you start, tape off the surrounding area/paint. If not, you'll mess up your painted areas. Done!

OP
OP
00'BlueSteel

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's like sanding bondo. Start with sandpaper that you think it needs, then go finer, until you hit maybe 2000 grit. Then use some 3M plastic polish on a buffer. Some guys like to use rattle can clear to finish it off. You're done. Don't press too hard, just give ut enough pressure for the sandpaper to get a bite. Have you ever buffed paint? If so, same pressure, and make sure you keep moving the pad around. I use the wool pads. Just make sure before you start, tape off the surrounding area/paint. If not, you'll mess up your painted areas. Done!

I’ve got a decent amount of experience, I wouldn’t claim to be a professional but not an amateur either, used to do detail motorhomes and trailers on the side but that’s mostly fiberglass and aluminum polishing. And I’ve done my personal vehicles a fair amount of times, Suburban looked ok when I got it but after two sets of clay, cut, and buffs it’s glass now. I think my problem could have been I never tried a plastic polish, I always used the compounds I had on hand which are for paint. It never made the hazing worse it just never made it better either lol.

The White Diamond I got for my wheels says it’s works great on headlights. I think I might give this a go tonight when I get home. I have all sandpaper from 30 - 6000 and the white diamond polish. Only thing is I don’t have wool pads, I have chemical guys honeycomb pads, everything from heavy cut to finishing polish.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I’ve got a decent amount of experience, I wouldn’t claim to be a professional but not an amateur either, used to do detail motorhomes and trailers on the side but that’s mostly fiberglass and aluminum polishing. And I’ve done my personal vehicles a fair amount of times, Suburban looked ok when I got it but after two sets of clay, cut, and buffs it’s glass now. I think my problem could have been I never tried a plastic polish, I always used the compounds I had on hand which are for paint. It never made the hazing worse it just never made it better either lol.

The White Diamond I got for my wheels says it’s works great on headlights. I think I might give this a go tonight when I get home. I have all sandpaper from 30 - 6000 and the white diamond polish. Only thing is I don’t have wool pads, I have chemical guys honeycomb pads, everything from heavy cut to finishing polish.
You might be able to get away with the honeycomb pad. I dry sand, but some guys like to wet sand. I'm not trying to confuse you, just trying to give you more options. Remember, apply with some pressure, but not to aggressive. I know 1 detailer that just uses some abrasive compound with a buffer, and it comes out good. Maybe you can practice on a stock rear tail light. I know those also get a white haze from uv on them. Let us know how you do on them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman