2000 limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tahoe.mkIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i impulse purchased a 2000 limited on ebay last week.picked it up the other day.this thing is sweet.first vehicle ive owned with no rust

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe Limited 4 door

5.7 V-8 motor with very recent
-timing chain and cover
-intake manifold gaskets
-new MFI fuel injectors
-new alternator
-new crankshaft bearing and oil pump (oil pressure hot 40 at idle and 60 at fast idle)
-new radiator
-locking rear differential
-two tone leather interior in good clean condition
-absolutely NO RUST (bought in Atlanta a bit over a year ago) I'm the second owner
-loaded. . .
-exterior is black
-A/C works well and has rear air
-has some parking lot damage on one side
-clear title
-always run on full synthetic oil. . .uses no oil between changes
-has a hitch on it previous owner used to tow a light fishing boat
-non-smoking environment

Attachments

• limited1.jpg
    limited1.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 33
  • hoes.jpg
    hoes.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 30
  • hoes2.jpg
    hoes2.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 29
  • hoes3.jpg
    hoes3.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

orange57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the Limited. I picked one up a little over a year ago as we needed a larger family hauler. Any pics of the interior? How many miles? And may I ask what you paid for it?

I love the Tahoe, the wife, not so much, so we got her a different car to drive :) Picked mine up with 143K on it, just over 155K now. Did the intake manifold gaskets about 6 months ago as well as the FI spider. And recently I started leaking around the front main seal. Have all the parts, will probably tackle it next weekend.

My only complaints are the center console, mainly because the cup holder kind of sucks. And then the stereo system isn't the greatest. All things on the upgrade list :)

Again, congrats on the whip. They are sweet rides. I particularly like that they are not as common as the other OBS tahoes. And the sweet rims unique rims.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
good looking Limited

gto439c

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
nice. I am putting a motor in one just like it. Can't wait to drive mine.

OP
OP
tahoe.mkIII

tahoe.mkIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks.the only limited i had ever seen was on the internet. till i purchased this one.got it for $3k and a drive through scenic Wisconsin.had some serious tstorms on the way home.took an accidental 60mi detour through some blair witch looking woods by madison wi.but the truck performed well on the return voyage.no problems...only issues ive seen so far are green coolant in the overflow tank few dings on the passenger door and that horrible aftermarket roof rack.also, i agree on the center console being kind of subpar.id like to build a copy of the center console that is in the markIII for the limited, but with granite tops instead of wood, and no vhs/tube tv.
...i havent figured out what the red indicator light next to the radio is for yet either

Attachments

• lim.int2.jpg
    lim.int2.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 26
  • lim.int3.jpg
    lim.int3.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 24
  • lim.int4.jpg
    lim.int4.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 22
  • lim.int5.jpg
    lim.int5.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 25
  • lim.mot1.jpg
    lim.mot1.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 22

Tricky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The red light may have been to an old alarm system. I used a center console out of a 99 Denali or Escalade. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414717339.910149.jpg

Sent from a Phone Booth using Tapatalk

OP
OP
tahoe.mkIII

tahoe.mkIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive seen a couple people use the escalade/denali consoles.if i had a junkyard near me that would let me pick my own parts and had one in decent shape id grab it...i think i can build one like the one in the markIII. i just need to find the grey textured interior plastic that covers the sides

nice truck mr.tricky.i like those 442 style hoods.thought about getting one for the limited.any more pics of the hood/front end?

Attachments

• mk3.con1.jpg
    mk3.con1.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 19
  • mk3.con2.jpg
    mk3.con2.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member