2 Issues After Leveling Kit (04 Tahoe)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Merc1973

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my experience with lifting jeeps. Whenever you get alignment issues with accelerating/decelerating the culprit is usually rear control arm bushings. Think about it. When you accelerate, your increasing torsion on the rear axle. and its going to want to twist if the bushings are shot. Since You lifted the truck, I doubt you loosened the rear or front control arm bolts priot to lift kit install and then to re-torque them at your new ride height, right?

ALWAYS whenever you install new control arms front or rear or a lift kit, you ONLY torque to spec the control arm bolt when you're at ride height. Otherwise if torquing them on a lift, you will destroy the bushings quickly since the bushings will twist when you lower the truck back down and then the constant up twisting of daily driving, your rubber bushings will be shredded.

VDV18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked the Hoe up from the shop yesterday, the alignment was definitely out. Control arm adjustment bolts were seized. Had them replaced and I the shop was able to get the wheels properly aligned. Also had the driver's side wheel bearing replaced as well as the ABS sensor (evidently this was what was causing my issues with the traction and stability control.) Hopefully all my issues are solved.

Not sure how long after you were at the 1st shop for the alignment that you started having issues, but I would have chat with those fellas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk