2.7 Turbo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WilliamMunny

Reaction score
Is there any talk about GM putting the 2.7 turbo in the 1500 into the 2024 Tahoe/Yukon?

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be surprised if it does. It’s already in the 1/2 ton so the architecture is there to make it happen. I could see it becoming the base engine on lower trims and then an up charge to get the V8.

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had that engine in a loaner Silverado a few weeks’ back and it was HORRIBLE. Sounded like a go-cart revving up and it couldn’t get out of its own way, attempting to merge on to the highway. It only netted 2 MPG better mileage than my 22’ Yukon 6.2 Denali, which was laughable. I did find it more fuel efficient in city driving but just barely. God help us of GMA decides on that!

pa31p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back in 1993 a honda VX would get 57MPG on the highway. that was a stock production car.

With all the hype and technology available you’d think we’d be able to squeeze more out of todays engines. even hybrid cars have trouble reaching that 1993 number,

although the platform may lend itself to it, I don’t think the average Yukon buyer would go for a 2.7 4 cylinder, my guess…won’t happen.

increasing the duramax production seems more logical to me.

jmzvet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That 93 Honda VX weighed about 2200 lbs. A 22 Prius is a 1000 lbs heavier. The VX doesn’t have any of the required/ mandatory safety or emissions equipment of modern vehicles. With its 95 HP it was sluggish and underwhelming.
I grew up driving 80s economy cars and there was nothing enjoyable about it

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Older thread.. But..

I am one of the few that would actually like to see the 2.7 Turbo in the Tahoe/Yukon. Real world MPG seems to be on par with the BabyMax, but with the cheaper gas.. It just makes sense. As long as it can tow my small trailer with my quads (about 2500 lbs), I dont have any complaints.

I know a few in the media say that GM missed the mark on this one, when they should have offered the 3.6 in the Silvy, and the 2.7 in the Colorado.. But the 3.6 is a craptastic engine, and doesnt belong anywhere but in the dust bin..

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DamThatRiver24