2.5 Iron Duke GM Engine. Just for fun, lets stroke and modify it - then put it on the Engine Dyno!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Kenneth L Nielsen

Kenneth L Nielsen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last few seconds of that vid- did the block explode?
That was a different engine - but yes totally separated catastrophic failure and is a fine example of why you are never in the same room with the engine during a pull :)-)

Reaction score
Wow, put a big turbo on that thing and maybe it'll hit big numbers like my buddy Jon Huber's turbo 2.3l '79 mustang that runs low 9s @ 137mph and puts the front bumper 6' in the air every time it launches

OP
OP
Kenneth L Nielsen

Kenneth L Nielsen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, put a big turbo on that thing and maybe it'll hit big numbers like my buddy Jon Huber's turbo 2.3l '79 mustang that runs low 9s @ 137mph and puts the front bumper 6' in the air every time it launches
I am not a ford guy but I am absolutely aware of and RESPECT the modded 2.3 - oh my!

OP
OP
Kenneth L Nielsen

Kenneth L Nielsen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those were great little commuter engines and I think Shamrock boats also ran them. How about a Quad 4 next time? Those were awesome!
That is funny - the owner of the engine did quite a bit of development with the Quad 4 back in the early 90's. He now has a turbo LNF Ecotec in one of his Fieros.

Reaction score
My sister had a Quad 4 in a Olds Cabriolet? I think?

My brother had an '88 camaro, but it had the 2.8 v6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf