2/3 drop terribly wrong! NEED EXPERTS! PICS! OH NO!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SQNALI

Reaction score
Running boards on 4's

Running boards on 4'S

Well, here she is, still lots to go yet but drivable

Sorry, pics are kinda shiza not very good lighting in the old shop...

Attachments

• IMAG0060.jpg
    IMAG0060.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 288
  • IMAG0153.jpg
    IMAG0153.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 112
  • IMAG0827.jpg
    IMAG0827.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 105
  • IMAG0148.jpg
    IMAG0148.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 77
  • IMAG0154.jpg
    IMAG0154.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SQNALI

Reaction score
You may remember my post "rear bagged with pics" from forever ago....if not, its still up and reviews the rear drop setup. UNFORTUNATLEY, my dumba$$ did not consider the larger wheels would require an in depth wheel tub and more travel to lay out. For the rear.....I am currently in the process of having a gm 8.5" rear end built(narrowed) 4 inches to allow the wheels to tuck, I will also be re-vamping the entire rear end setup. What I originally created has been functionally flawless so far but wont provide the travel required to lay out over 4's. The new rear setup will consist of an entirely custom 6 link with watts link.

The pics above are of a 2003 yukon denali, yes denali, yes AWD. Well, WAS AWD. I removed and rebuilt the 4L65E trans converting it to a 2wd (defeating the purpose of an SUV). Then swapped necessary front end components for 2wd. The front suspension was purchased from ekstensive metal works for a 2wd tahoe. It did require modification to work on the nali but works great and rides unbelievable.

What do you think?

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool. It will look great once it's all layed out.

carcrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks bad ass how much money you got in it so far im thinking air myself

OP
OP
S

SQNALI

Reaction score
looks bad ass how much money you got in it so far im thinking air myself

Its really not healthy for me to discuss this but I have around 12k in it the way it sits.

Suspension setup is around 4k of that and about 170 labor hours and counting....

Im eager to get the rear end back so I can lay this thing all the way out. Im thinking it will take a dedicated week or so to have the rear end finished.

Dont forget, suspension is fairly quick and easy, tubbing the fenders is one hell of a time burner. Im also tubbing it for 26"s just in case....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gradymossx4