1999 Tahoe 2 Door Exhaust Diagram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris Camp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone have a diagram or schematic showing the OEM exhaust set up on the 1999 2-Door Tahoe? I am trying t put it all back as it came, catalytic converter, sensors etc. Currently getting check engine for missing cat, O2 sensor etc and hoping this will put it all back as it should be and clear the codes.

Any suggestions on where to get a catalytic converter for it?

Thank you!

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This looks like it:

295A22D0-4AE4-4F74-B8BD-8E8F1623172D.png

This site has the GM diagrams and part numbers though you cannot buy from them:

I’m not sure if it will copy/paste correctly, but here’s the page that the diagram comes from:

The model number is in the center column…

BB21EC76-C389-49DC-8F6A-9C6668418710.jpeg
…with the (16) being specific to a two-door utility (Tahoe/Yukon).

Other models are below.

C94DAE89-4E52-40D5-9C9C-236D65C478A9.jpeg

If it doesn’t include a (#) then it fits all GMT400 models. The first three digit number is the capacity and wheelbase. So a 109 is a half ton long wheelbase, 209 a 3/4 ton long wheelbase, 309 a one-ton LWB.

CK being 2/4 wheel drive. CK1 being a 2/4x4 half-ton, K2 being a 4x4 3/4-ton, etc.

Heads up, if you have a California emission vehicle I think they might have been a little different. It might have been a single catalytic converter but I just don’t remember. Mine (98) is like the diagram above. A muffler shop should be able to make something work versus buying stock GM parts (if they’re even still available).

I hope this helps, nice looking truck!

Last edited:

no cigar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I am looking at the diagram and it seems that some how my truck has a completely different exhaust setup. For one, my midpipe has the cats flanking the transmission on either side. This agrees with the plug for the drivers side aft O2 sensor as it connects at that location. For seconds, my muffler is a single in/single out - with the catback pipes merging into one before linking up to the muffler.

After purchasing a new midpipe (Magnaflow 23453) I noticed that it is configured as the above diagram. The best I can tell, it seems my truck may have California emissions? Does this make any sense? By my best estimation, I would be able to fabricate an adapter to plug into the existing harness and run a plug along the cross member over to the other side - and that should cure the problem. But I'm still a little clueless as to what exhaust is on my truck?

Thanks!

Edit:

Upon looking, this is what I have on my truck:

Attachments

• exhtahoe1.JPG
    exhtahoe1.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check for code NC1 on the RPO label in the glovebox to see if it has California emissions. Sounds like it does.

no cigar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this has been resolved. The truck did, in fact have the CA emissions. A proper midpipe was installed. Me and my dad made an adapter harness to run the O2 sensor on the drivers side over to the pass. side.

As a further note... The Magnaflow 23453 midpipe will require slight clearancing of a seam underneath the truck. The placement of one of the O2 bungs puts the pigtail in direct contact with metal edge. Can't see that ending well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9