1999 Daily "Cool" kid hauler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dwilliams

Dwilliams

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

A nice, clean find, which should serve you and your kids very well for a long time.

Thank you, glad to have joined and hope to help out where I can. I've always had a thing for older trucks and SUV's, so I'll keep driving them while the wife enjoys the newer Tahoes and Yukons.

Thanks for the welcome!

OP
OP
Dwilliams

Dwilliams

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Iowa.

Nice looking ride!

Throw up some pics of the dually. @07Burb has a soft spot in his heart and a hard spot in his jeans for them.:cool:

Thank you very much! Here are a couple pics of the dually for those interested including @07Burb She had just over 91k miles when I found her, 454 with 4.10 gears. She is also one of the few factory shortbed dually's GM made in 99 and 2000.

20201122_154206.jpg 20201120_152615.jpg 20201120_174909.jpg

03catburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all, new here but have been on the gmt400.com site for a while. Decided to retire the Crew Cab dually from daily driving and move it to the semi-retired life of just hauling the car trailers. I have always been a fan of the OBS bodystyle Chevrolets since I first owned one back in 98. I have searched for a while but finally found the clean Toreador Red, 2 wheel drive, 4 door Tahoe, cloth interior to make my daily kid hauler. It may have been a 10 hour drive round trip to pick it up, but glad I did. I am fortunate that my little ones enjoy hotrodding and old cars and trucks as much as I do, so they have helped me in getting this one to their idea of a "hotrod". I'm just happy it's "cool" enough now to be seen in the car-rider line. We will be able to enjoy driving this one to local cruise-ins and shows as a family all together instead of taking different rides.View attachment 263434 View attachment 263434 View attachment 263435 View attachment 263436

Welcome and nice looking rig. I'm also from gmt400.com

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
OP
OP
Dwilliams

Dwilliams

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's is one good looking dually. I like the short bed so much better. I bet with the 4.10's the 454 is a beast down low.

Thanks! The short bed definitely makes it easier to park and maneuver around. It does have some low end to get the towing job done, just don't ask her to break any speed records, or else the gas gauge moves faster than the speedo...

Here is the dually after making a run through the Tennessee mountains.

hooked up.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Thanks! The short bed definitely makes it easier to park and maneuver around. It does have some low end to get the towing job done, just don't ask her to break any speed records, or else the gas gauge moves faster than the speedo...

Here is the dually after making a run through the Tennessee mountains.

View attachment 263751
I like it. What size trailer is that?