1997 2 door OBS Sport Facelift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dneel81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1997 Tahoe 2 door sport model.

I bought it because it was clean and the price was right for a tuned lifted tahoe that I could work with. Rust was not bad and I bought her. Having said that I'd like to get rid of the blacked out "sport" look. Specifically I don't like the fender flares, the blacked out bumper/grill, and eventually the paint scheme. My old 1993 GMC yukon has the chrome rocker panels, wheel well trim and grill (plastichrome I'm sure) and I'd like to have it look more like a non-sport model. Looked around on here and others and I don't see any info about doing this to a truck.

So the paint is not an issue as it will all have to be redone (it's a 97 Tahoe, paint is going to suck anyway). The fender flares unbolt...easy enough. The grill and bumpers are just replaceable right? Am I forgetting anything? Thank you

Cameron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The grille and bumpers both just unbolt old and bolt on new you can use a 95-99 grille it all bolts up the same only thing that's different is the corner markers on the grille

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullyfiberchick